“Hampton-Mount Prospect, IL”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Hampton-Mount Prospect, IL”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First stayed at this Hampton in July while apartment hunting for our daughter in the area. As in past Hampton experiences, we were not disappointed. We quickly decided that hotel would serve us perfectly upon our return in August. It is well located amongst a wealth of amenities. The underground parking garage was particularly useful to us as it provided a secure location to store the UHaul trailer we had in tow!! I would highly recommend a queen suite, it is definitely worth the extra $$. The only disappointment was the breakfast buffet, not quite as good as we've experienced at other Hampton's. Outstanding breakfast can be found in a 3 minute walk to Eggsperience. I would definitely stay at this location on future visits to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Bruce G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property from your most recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you had a great stay and we were able to provide accommodations that helped with your daughter's move.

I do apologize that the breakfast wasn't up to the standards that you experienced at other Hampton Inn and Suites. We do take great pride in our breakfast each morning as it is a vital part to getting our guest's day started right. I truly appreciate the feedback. Without constructive feedback we will never improve our product.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mt. Prospect! Don't hesitate to contact me so we can discuss how we can improve our breakfast for our future guests.

Ryan McKenzie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Omaha, NE
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I travel for work and have stayed at numerous Hampton Inns, mostly because they are one of the more consistent mid-priced hotel chains that fall within what my company is willing to pay. I base most of my reviews off of Hampton Inns. Granted, this hotel is very new, but it is by far the nicest Hampton Inn in which I have stayed. It is spotless. The fitness room is larger than most and the front desk staff was helpful. There is underground parking which is FANTASTIC in the winter. Breakfast is consistent with what every other Hampton Inn on the face of the earth has, some good basic options to get you started. Is it a five-star breakfast? No, but it is FREE and more than enough to get you started. If you want an omelet chef, real eggs and biscuits that aren't from a can or mix, then you need to stay at a hotel that has an actual restaurant with a full kitchen in it. Ok, sorry for the rant, that's my pet peeve when I read reviews where people complain about the FREE breakfast.

Not only is this hotel fabulous and the staff helpful, it is in a great area. There are multiple restaurants all within walking distance (I hate having to search for food after a long day of work). Its in a shopping center, so there are plenty of shops and a movie theater as well. There is a World Market across the parking lot and if you need a bottle of wine, thats the place to go. I ate at the E/O restaurant two nights in a row. Great menu, great service. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear LinseyLou,

It is always great to hear when a seasoned traveler like yourself has a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. I have already passed your comments on to our staff as they love to hear when they make a stay great! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Mount Prospect, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great location with everything you would need within walking distance of the hotel. plenty of restaurants, stores, and a movie theater right there in the same Plaza. I think this is a great location for any trip whether it be business or pleasure. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying within a 50 mile radius.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Tony B,

I see that you are from Mt. Prospect! That is great to see! We love accommodating our neighbors in and around Mt. Prospect. Randhurst Village is a great area that we are lucky enough to be right in the heart of. From shopping to restaurants to salons to hotel accommodations it has everything any one would need within walking distance from our front doors.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel has everything in it and great location. The accommodations were excellent and had a quiet restful night. The location is perfect, within Randhurst Mall, with many restaurants to choose from, a movie theater and shopping. Great breakfast in the morning with bagels, waffles, omelets, oatmeal, fresh juice, fruit and coffee all the time.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. If you are anything like me sometimes a coffee near the end of the day can be a life saver! All day coffee service is something we are proud to offer our guests.

I will make sure to pass along your review to our staff as they love to hear when our guests have a great stay! We hope to see you again soon!

United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Arlington Million and the room and service was excellent. As far as the complimentary breakfast, I'm sure there is not an executive chef, nor "a chef" for that matter, on hand for the complimentary breakfast, and I know that it is COMPLIMENTARY, but the breakfast my husband and I had was disgusting. The biscuits for the biscuits and gravy were hard, dry, bland, crumbly, horrible. The gravy was all the worse. The eggs seemed as if they were just made from the yolks. I've never seen round, dense, cheese-curd looking eggs. Maybe salt would help, absolutely not. Big, granular salt that you could taste with every bite. The texture of everything was off. Everything was horrible. They were definitely the most disgusting thing we ate there. I was so displeased. Thought I'd try a bagel and my husband tried a muffin, and those were both dry and bland. The only thing that was good was the orange juice. We would stay here again but will DEFINITELY be eating our breakfast someplace else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Amber W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you loved your room and that our staff provided excellent customer service.

I do apologize for the quality of breakfast you had. The complimentary breakfast is one of our great amenities that we take great pride in providing to our guests. I will personally work with our Breakfast Crew to ensure all the products are being prepared to Hilton Standards.

I appreciate the feedback as it is necessary for us to continue to improve. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you ar in Mount Prospect!

Herscher, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are always friendly and helpful. The hotel is newly built in a shopping center. It is also close to Schaumburg, IL and Woodfield Mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just looking to get away for the night or the weekend. Haven't done it yet but this would be a great place for a girl's weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Holly J,

That is great to hear that you and your husband stay with us so often! I hope you are signed up with our HHonors program so you can get rewarded for your loyalty to Hilton.

It would be tough to find a better place to hold a girl's weekend getaway with all of the shopping, spas and restaurants we have in the area. Don't hesitate to contact us if you want to put that together and we would love to help you arrange those activities!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Des Plaines, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Such a beautiful and comfortable hotel and a great location within the mall area. Enjoyed a weekend getaway with my sister an 4 of our grandchildren. Great time was had by all!!!! I would recommend this for a family weekend or a couples get-a-way any time. I know they have a great Christmas show in the mall area over the Christmas holidays. Also just down the road at the Des Plaines Train Station they have the "Polar Express" train ride (check out the Des Plaines Park District for Information) - what a great weekend getaway for the grandparents and grandkids. Time to get planning!!!

Dear Colleen G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a great time with us. We are very fortunate to be located near so many great restaurants, shops and activities it truly does make for a great local getaway.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next "staycation"!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect? Share your experiences!