“Excellent park and fly hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Palm Coast, Florida
“Excellent park and fly hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and used the round trip transport to o'hare as well as parking service. The room was clean and the breakfast was very good with many options. Service to and from the airport was timely as well. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful when calling to schedule pick up from o'hare. I will use them again if I fly out if Chicago.

• Stayed July 2013
CountryInnNW, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear chelseasly,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are very happy to hear that our park and fly service was a great fit for your needs. I am thankful that you chose to spend your trip to Chicago with us, and I am hopeful that you will come back soon to visit!

Warm Regards

Paul Cantrelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Having never been to Chicago, we were looking for a place to stay that would get us to the city without breaking the bank. Front desk staff were fabulous! Recommended nearby restaurants and told us how to get to the city. The shuttle driver in the morning was very helpful and nice. Easy to get to the train into the city. Long ride to town, but the kids enjoyed the train experience. The evening shuttle driver was not as nice. No step stoll was offered for getting in and out of the van which was somewhat difficult for my nearly 80 year old mother. The kids enjoyed the pool, breakfast was nice but stations could be spread out more on crowded mornings, rooms clean and had a nice layout.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Lanie Q,

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure impeccable customer service in all areas of our hotel. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. I will make sure that I bring these up with our staff so we can make necessary changes in the future.
Regards,

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was only here for one night, so I am not sure about the pool, but it looked mince and clean from outside. Receptionists were very nice and attentive. Room was nice and easily fit a pack n play. Rooms were quiet and bed was amazingly comfortable. Everything was clean. The shuttle is a little crappy and really tall, but it got us to the airport on time and picked us up within 20 minutes of calling for it. We've stayed at a lot of horrible park and flies and this one is by far our favorite! Breakfast was real marginal hence the 4 stars instead of five.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Courtney R
Dear Courtney R,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! I also agee that we are a great fit for a park and fly. In regards to breakfast, I'd be interested to hear a bit more feedback so I can bring back to the breakfast staff. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you get a chance. We strive to exceed the needs of our guests in all aspects of the hotel, and we value the suggestions of our guests.

Best regards,

Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just learned of this site recently, which is why i am just submitting this review. I already submitted this review on Yelp last fall.

My cousin and i were in town for the Notre Dame/Miami game(Soldier field) and stayed at this hotel from 10/5/12-10/7/12. Let me get straight to the point, it was horrible. We had to change rooms 3 times when we got there because all of the bathroom sinks were leaking(and one of them even leaking from 2 places onto the floor). The so-called 'fitness center' was as small as the bathroom with a 1980's stairmaster and ONE treadmill for the ENTIRE hotel to use. There was a strange, nasty film of something unpleasant floating in the jacuzzi. The room floors were sticky with either food or semen. The staff could not hardly speak english...an obvious communication problem. And don't let the name O'HARE fool you. This place is no where near the airport, a decent mall, or anything of value to a tourist(unless you consider the Dairy Queen across the street fine dining). Unfortunately, i deleted the photos out of my ipad along time ago, or i would've submitted them(fitness center, jacuzzi film, bathroom leaks, crusty floors, etc..). DON'T STAY THERE.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel. PERIOD.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CountryInnNW, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear canaan13 We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Prospect hotels

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a lot of difficulty booking rooms around Chicago. We needed three rooms and it seems like everything in a sixty mile radius was booked. This location is about 50 minutes from where we wanted to be so it was good enough. When I booked the rooms I had few options so did not get the rooms I wanted. I did however request any available (paid) upgrade. Check-in was quick and easy, front desk was friendly. I did not remember to ask about the upgrade, and they did not mention it.

Room was small with no refrigerator, also bathroom door was broken. Went to front desk and asked about a room with a refrigerator and told them about broken door. Was told no available room, then other person at desk said there was one. Changed to a larger room. Would have been nice to do that at the beginning. Maybe because I got such a discounted rate using all of my points they didn't want to upgrade me? But then again, there's a reason I have all those points right? Just an annoyance, nothing drastic.

The location is excellent. Many good restaurants of every type you can imagine quite near. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast in the morning was better than most.

We all compared notes later about our rooms and agreed on one thing, this location needs to invest in some repairs and upgrades. All of the bathrooms had doors that were mangled from someone removing the door stop and leaving raw splintered wood. All of the bathtubs had unusable stoppers. All of the bathroom sink taps leaked out of the back and onto the counter.
My "bar" sink had a metal clamp holding the spigot on. Coffee maker was old and the cheap kind. Coffee pot handle was broken and spun around on the pot. That could have made for an exciting morning.

Bottom line is I would stay here again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tlm0000
Dear tlm0000,

Thank you for commenting on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that the hotel matched your travel needs. I also appreciate your insightful comments on overall hotel condition. I will make sure that I bring these up with our staff so we can make necessary changes in the future.
Regards,

Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. I would have given it 4 stars for that. What made this hotel excellent was the staff. Besides everyone being pleasant, they went out of the way to please. The housekeeping staff was cleaning when we returned to the room. We asked for an extra towel as our son was joining us that day and she left extra toiletries as well. When we got in one night, the front desk clerk (Caprise, I believe) heard me jokingly say something to the little girl that got the last cookie. When my son went down to check out the lending library, she told him she had more cookies in the oven and fixed him a plate to bring to our room. This made our night! The breakfast is standard hotel fare but the breakfast staff was friendly and accommodating. Good job CI&S staff...especially Capris!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnNW, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear itsallgoodVirginia,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the warm cookies. We look forward to your next stay.

Warm Regards
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Nice country hotel for someone who intends to reamain one day next to O'Hare. If you decide to go to Chicago downtown, you need to come back to the airport again and caght the train (blue line). One hour and a half after you arrive at Chicago. Altough thay have a good breakfast and nice common areas, as pool and jacuzzi. Rooms are clean and wide. Beds are also comfortable. Staff is kind, except the suttle driver who is always on a bad mood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marcus O,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your review on TripAdvisor.com. I apologize in regards to the rude service you received during your stay. We certainly hold a higher level of standard than that. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to further discuss.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 9 in Des Plaines
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest? Share your experiences!