“Great Hotel Near O'Hare” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Hotel Near O'Hare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for easy access to O'Hare for an early morning flight. The hotel was easy to find and is situated close to some good restaurants. Staff were friendly and let us check in a bit early. Although you can see planes taking off, there was no jet noise. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We'll definitely stay here again if need be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Baycruisers,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for sharing your thoughtful and thorough review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad our hotel worked well for your needs, it's always a pleasure to welcome guests who are bound for (or returning from) O'Hare. We hope the rest of your trip went well, and we'll look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards,

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This independently operated hotel is the worst hotel experience I have had in a long time and I stay in hotels weekly for business travel. I booked through my company's travel provider (which is managed by Expedia) and when I arrived they check me into the smelliest smoking room I have ever been in. I cannot stand cigarette smoke and I immediately get a headache when around smoke. I called eh front desk and they told me that they moved me to a smoking room because I booked through Expedia and my room request were not guaranteed. I can understand if they moved me to a queen instead of a king due to my reservation but the request for a non-smoking room should ALWAYS be accommodated-this is a health concern. I have never been forced to stay in a smoking room when visiting any Country Inn and Suites property or any hotel.

They told me they have no more rooms available (although they could have moved me to a different room because I know there were still guest checking in) and they said they can see about cancelling my room. I asked the front desk clerk if they would pay for my taxi to a different hotel and she said if the hotel was within 5 miles of their hotel. Of course, it is almost impossible to make a same day reservation anywhere in the Chicago are and the only hotel I could find was 10 miles away. I told the manager this ( Azucena) and she tells me it is Expedia fault that I am in a smoking room and to ask them to pay for my taxi. Are you serious? THEY booked me in a smoking room and they chose not to move me because I booked through the company option instead of booking with then. I wasted an hour and a half of my life looking for a different hotel, paying for a taxi to my new hotel and by talking on the phone with Expedia trying to get are fund. The worst hotel experience ever. It should not matter whether I book though an outside party or directly through the hotel. They still get some profit from the deal and If I choose to pay you my money my needs should be met. It’s not much to ask for a non-smoking room.

If they would have paid for my taxi I would have let this go for that is not the case. I know it probably will not matter much since they are independently operated, but I will be contacting the Country Inn & Suites corporate office to express my dissatisfaction. If you choose to operate under the Country Inn and Suites name you should live up to their standards. Thankfully, I was able to get a clean, smoke free room at the Hampton Inn-they never disappoint.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton in in Addison, IL
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear CDP86,

Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate your feedback and wish to apologize for the frustration you experienced. We have made arrangement with Expedia to refund your payment, and they should in turn be able to make a full refund to you. The room type was booked as a smoking studio suite, and unfortunately there was no indication on the reservation that you would prefer a different room type, if it became available. There was a comment requesting that the room not be on the first floor, and we did accommodate that request. Our hotel was entirely sold out the evening you checked in, and unfortunately, there were no alternate rooms available to change your reservation from smoking to nonsmoking. I'm sorry that the room wasn't to your satisfaction, and the appropriate departments have been advised regarding your comments on the cleanliness and freshness of the room. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations with every room, regardless of whether it permits smoking or not. Please contact us at the hotel directly, if there is any difficulty receiving your refund, or if you would like to discuss further.

Manati, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

First, the staff is very friendly and they have gone out of their way.Azusena Alvarado front desk clerk was verry helpful .Room were very clean, and the staff verry helpful ..One of the best breakfest i had in a hotel ..Thanks

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David m
CountryInnNW, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you for your kind review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and helpful staff, I'll be sure to share your feedback with Azucena and the others. We look forward to serving you again, on future visits!

Kane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We recently took 3 of our grandchildren to see Chicago and we stayed here. We booked late (my fault, and they did really try hard to get us in a non-smoking room) so all they had left was a king suite which was great but it was a smoking room which was very obvious.....so my suggestion is, if you don't want to stay in a smoking room go somewhere else....other than that, it was pretty nice, the kids loved the pool(but be careful, the deck area is VERY slippery) and breakfast was pretty good too. The room itself was nice with the microwave and fridge,comfortable bed, even a tv in the sofa area for the kids to watch, it was just stinky....i had to wash everything as soon as we got home and febreeze the suitcases. This Country Inn was not as nice as the one we stayed in before in Schaumburg, IL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Scoobym0m,

Thank you for sharing your review, we greatly appreciate your feedback! I'm glad your family enjoyed the pool and breakfast, but I'm sorry we didn't have your preferred nonsmoking room type available. We apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience resulting from the smoking room, and we are reviewing our procedures to ensure that each room, whether or not it permits smoking, is as clean and fresh as possible. If you and your grandchildren return to the Chicago area, we hope you will consider staying with us again!

Portage, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We are preparing to check out of this hotel after a one night stay. First, the staff is very friendly and they have gone out of their way to do the best with what the have. Sadly, what they have to work with isn't much. This is a hotel that has seen all of its better days. The hotel was at capacity according to the front desk clerk who checked us into a dirty room. She apologized and we waited by the pool until housekeeping cleaned it. Although the floor and the room are clearly marked as non-smoking there was and is an overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke everywhere. The room itself smells ok because of liberal doses of deodorizer. The nice smell of the room almost makes the filthy carpeting less noticeable. Almost. We got extra towels and bath mats from the housekeeper so that my kids could walk around in their socks. There is no way that I would allow them to go barefoot. It appears that the refrigerator has not been defrosted since the day it was plugged-in. A some point, a guest before us had pizza from the microwave. I know that because the glass platform in the microwave is still covered with it. The bathroom has no water pressure. The silicon around the tub is polluted with mildew as is the grout of the floor tile.
The breakfast area is tiny and was totally overwhelmed. The poor guy who was trying his hardest to keep up with demand just didn't have a chance. The pool area is as small as advertised, but the deck is VERY slippery when wet. Be advised.

I stay in a lot of hotels all over the country and I have come to understand what to expect from a brand of hotel at a certain price point. This hotel cannot remain a Carlson Hotel with his poor standard. My advice is to look elsewhere.

Stayed July 2012
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We are very sorry that your stay was less than perfect. Country Inns and Suites prides themselves on being that home away from home. I assure you that your comments have been shared wiht hotel management in order to take corrective action and invite you to contact us at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com to discuss this issue futher.

Deanna
Online Customer Support
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a three night stay. On arriving, we decided to move out to another hotel that same night.

The reception area was fine. Rooms are dark and furnished with old furniture. I took a shower after arriving from airport. The water pressure was poor and dripped out of the shower head.

When I got out the shower I walked across the carpet bare feet. My feet were sticking to the carpet. When I looked down, I noticed sticky dark stains on the carpet.

I then noticed the bed sheets were stained also. I was horrified they I had to stay here in this unhygienic room. I'd never in my life had to experience such poor accommodation.

Breakfast was ok. I just don't like poor quality sausages and soggy bread.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disheartened to hear that you had a poor experienced during your stay. We have looked into and rectified this situation. We strive to continue to grow as a hotel, and we will look at this as an opportunity to learn form our shortcomings.

Paul Cantrelle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I chose this hotel for its value and proximity to the o'hare cta blue line into Chicago. However, I was disappointed by the dirty carpet. It was not overly apparent at first glance but my daughters feet were black after walking around the room barefoot for a little while. Also the breakfast room was tiny with insufficient seating and one grumpy over-worked attendant. We had to eat in our room because there was no place to sit and this was at 730am.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced throughout your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I will follow up with our housekeeping staff and breakfast attendant to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

Paul Cantrelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest? Share your experiences!