“Great Italian Place!”

Canta Napoli
Ranked #25 of 144 Restaurants in Mount Prospect
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small plate Italian dishes including pasta, fish, steak and wood fired pizzas. Full bar and selection of great wines.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant has been open for a few years and the food was up and down, mostly up. A new owner has taken over in December 2012 and the change is great. The new menu has alot of choices, the service is perfect and the presentation and taste of the food is wonderful. The atmosphere is also unusual and very cozy. Make sure you don't miss this one.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very slow service. We ordered an appetizer and it took a half hour before the waitress notified us it was not available. Neither the bread or soup was warm. After an hour we finally received our dinner which was average at best.

2  Thank Mike N
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant about 4 or 5 times. I thought this time was a notch above the others. They changed their bread -- for the better. Now they use pizza dough to make chewy tasty strips that they serve with olive oil and parm cheese. I really enjoyed the homemade minestrone. Main dish was an EXCELLENT linguine with seafood and tomato sauce. It was a perfectly balanced red sauce, and it came with shrimp, clams in the shell, and calamari. Best I ever had. Husband had a rigatoni with sausage and peppers. He didn't love it, and I liked mine better. Tiramisu (to go) for dessert was ab fab! Only complaint was that my chardonnay was a little sweet. Service was prompt. They have tables outside but this was during the oppressive heat wave, so we opted to sit inside with the A/C. No complaints.

1  Thank chicago_girl_201046
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Located in downtown Mount Prospect right by Village Hall and the library. I have gone for lunch several times due to the proximity to my office. The homemade bread and soup is first rate. The salads are also excellent. The panini/wraps I am not so crazy about. However, the luncheon specials, especially the various chicken dishes usually served with vegetables and dinner sized portions and worth the $10.

2  Thank Sherlockian
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Everytime we visit the pizza is consistently great. Our kids really enjoy the pasta dishes and the house wine is very good at a great price.

1  Thank Greg F