Review Highlights
What happened to them? Steer clear

Reviewed January 13, 2020
zfamilybcai
Long Grove, Illinois
Unreliable

Reviewed October 20, 2019
Dog S
Madison, Wisconsin

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

I used to use them for their reliability and reasonable rates, but no more!! 2nd time in a month with a confirmed reservation with a no show ... called and they hung up on me twice. So, I drove and parked at the airport. Many other options to experience this kind of service ... call Uber or 303 taxi ...

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed October 20, 2019

Got off to a good start with American Taxi on the Sunday morning of the recent Chicago Marathon. The driver was at the hotel promptly at the time requested. One curious thing...when I asked for a stop at a fast food joint along the way, the driver suggested some out-of-the-way place that would've racked up miles and additional charges. Meanwhile, there was a McD's within 200 feet. of a nearby intersection. But it was the inability to schedule a ride at the end of the day that is the reason behind the one-star review. I called the company while sitting on the Metra in Chicago and arranged for a ride when the train was due to arrive at the Mt. Prospect station. Since I'd sprained my knee during the day, I was really looking forward to the short ride back to the hotel. During the nearly hour train ride, American kept texting me to say that they hadn't yet found a driver for the trip and that I could continue to be in the queue or cancel the request. I finally cancelled the request after waiting at the station for 10 minutes (on top of the 1 hour since I'd booked the ride) and began the slow limp back to the hotel. Will never use American Taxi again. Use Uber, Lyft or some other local taxi company.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019

Every driver is different, of course. Some of them are slow......the one we used two weeks ago was too aggressive and we thought we were going to get into an accident. But overall, they are reliable and a good service.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2019

Great for airport pickup/dropoff. Very reasonable rates, and the seervice is friendly, and always punctual. I have used this taxi service for my trips to the airport for over 2 years now and every car/driver had not dissapoint.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019

American taxi use to be reliable and good then about two years ago have gotten bad.Last week I called after getting my bags and was told 5 minutes with cab number. Ten minutes later a cab with my number on pulls up but the driver says he is there to pick up a lady and my ride got canceled somehow, then he tells me I could share the ride and he would drop me off first well he misses my exit and I end up in Lisle. I will not use them again.

Date of experience: August 2019