“needs just a couple more things”
Review of Quality Inn Morton

Quality Inn Morton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Morton
Seymour, Indiana
“needs just a couple more things”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Experience was so-so. The room colors were dark, but bedding was white - a plus! The room had a new air conditioner which was great. The furniture was a bit outdated and worn. My worst gripe was the ironing board was awful. It was lumpy and unusable. The locomotion is good, parking lot is very bright. No problem with noise from nearby hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gonic, NH
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was greeted when I entered the story two location from the front desk. The person was pleasant and the open lobby area was bright with five ceiling fans circulating the air. A large breakfast area was locked to the left of the large center stairway to the second floor. Everything looked good from there. When I walked back to the vehicle I noticed the lack of any plantings around the base of the north side of the building and the few bushes on the south side were dead with no irrigation.

The parking lot on the the north side of the building shares a border with the parking lot on the south side of the adjacent Travel Lodge. This creates a big echo chamber. I was on this side of the building on the second floor. These north side rooms are odd numbers. During the evening, night and early in the morning the sounds of idling refrigeration trucks, Departing utility trucks and general truck traffic in the lots would keep the normal or light sleeper awake most of the night. The first floor rooms have both hall access and exterior access. There was no elevator.

The ice and laundry room were on the first floor hall behind the office area.

One thing I noticed each time I traveled the second floor hallway from the top of the stairs to my room midway down the hall was that all rooms had no smoking signs. The surrounding smell did not match the no smoking signs. I don't know where the smoking rooms were, or if the ceiling fans in the vaulted lobby ceiling somehow drew the smoke down the hall, but the odor was too strong for me to return in the future or bring my spouse here(she has had multiple sinus surgeries).

I did see several people turned away at the front desk. Either the entire area was sold out or all the smoking rooms were sold out. I did not hear enough of the conversations to know.

The breakfast did have fresh fruit, cereal and pastry items available that were fresh. I did not see anyone at the front desk when I departed, my bill had been slipped under the door during the night, so I just dropped the key.

The room itself was neat and clean with a firm bed and good pillows. The electric outlets were in short supply. The refrigerator and microwave shared a two outlet fixture with the television and a light. When I arrived the television and refrigerator were the two items plugged in and the bureau was too heavy to unplug the refrigerator to use the microwave. There was also a slight moisture/humidity feeling to the room.

I would not return here due to the saturated smoke smell in the hall and the noise on the north side of the building all night long. Both from this lot and the Travelodge lot.

Room Tip: If you are staying here, stay on the south side if possible, much last night time truck traffic in a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MichaelinNH
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Everything was fine with this hotel UNTIL I needed help at midnight, when I came in after my 40th HS reunion. My sister is an extremely deep sleeper and despite me pounding on the door, she did not wake up to let me into our room. I walked the full length of the motel THREE TIMES, each time asking the man at the desk to come open the door (my key card was inoperative). He couldn't be bothered, apparently, although all he appeared to be doing was watching sports on TV. Finally, I nearly BEGGED him to come help me...I was really getting worried that my sister was ill...or worse!!! He grumped to the room with me and finally let me in. Later, the management did refund a full night's fee...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was an overnight trip while we were on the road. I liked, but was surprised by, the fact that this hotel offers both indoor and outdoor access to the room. It's a basic hotel, but it was really clean. Our bathroom was very clean. The chair in the room looked dirty, but we didn't use it for anything but holding the suitcases. The bed had soft pillows and a little down (alternative) comforter. It was quiet. Breakfast was good. There was laundry available on the first floor. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I probably would have taken a second floor if I were traveling alone. Room 105 is right across from...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank itsme018
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2011

made reservations at this hotel at 9-10 pm and cancelled the reservation just after midnight. hotel charged my card and when i called them to have it refunded to my account, they told me that because i made my reservation so late and cancelled after midnight that they would not refund my money needless to say they stiffed me for $80. what a crock!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We requested a King smoking and a Queen non-smoking. We got two Queen non-smoking. I had called 3 weeks ahead to book and then confirmed my reservation the morning of our arrival. Upon check-in the desk clerk informed me that I did not reserve a king smoking room, only two queen non-smoking. That's crap! If there would have been other hotels in town with rooms, I would have walked out the door.

Website also said all rooms had refrigerators and we didn't.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I drove up to this location with fear. The outside is in dire need of a facelift....at least a pressure washing. I asked to see the room before I checked in and found the room to be fine.
This location is close to the interstate but not too noisy. My neighbors had their TV rather loud and it could be heard easily in my room, something I despise. My bed was VERY comfortable and the room itself was updated and clean, although small. The breakfast was above average and the front desk personnel were all very pleasant. A fine choice for a quick stop on the side of the road but certainly nothing to write home about. There are several restaurants located close by. The bottom floor rooms have an inside and outside entrance. I stayed on the second floor...no elevator. The curtain thing was no big deal ( to me) , unless you need a room to be pitch black.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morton
Baymont Inn & Suites Morton
Park Inn by Radisson and Conference Center Morton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Morton-Peoria Area
Days Inn Morton
Days Inn Morton
#5 of 7 in Morton
Americas Best Value Inn Morton/Peoria
Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria

Been to Quality Inn Morton? Share your experiences!