“Decent, clean place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn Morton

Quality Inn Morton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Morton
Des Moines, IA
“Decent, clean place to stay”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was an overnight trip while we were on the road. I liked, but was surprised by, the fact that this hotel offers both indoor and outdoor access to the room. It's a basic hotel, but it was really clean. Our bathroom was very clean. The chair in the room looked dirty, but we didn't use it for anything but holding the suitcases. The bed had soft pillows and a little down (alternative) comforter. It was quiet. Breakfast was good. There was laundry available on the first floor. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I probably would have taken a second floor if I were traveling alone. Room 105 is right across from...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank itsme018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2011

made reservations at this hotel at 9-10 pm and cancelled the reservation just after midnight. hotel charged my card and when i called them to have it refunded to my account, they told me that because i made my reservation so late and cancelled after midnight that they would not refund my money needless to say they stiffed me for $80. what a crock!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We requested a King smoking and a Queen non-smoking. We got two Queen non-smoking. I had called 3 weeks ahead to book and then confirmed my reservation the morning of our arrival. Upon check-in the desk clerk informed me that I did not reserve a king smoking room, only two queen non-smoking. That's crap! If there would have been other hotels in town with rooms, I would have walked out the door.

Website also said all rooms had refrigerators and we didn't.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I drove up to this location with fear. The outside is in dire need of a facelift....at least a pressure washing. I asked to see the room before I checked in and found the room to be fine.
This location is close to the interstate but not too noisy. My neighbors had their TV rather loud and it could be heard easily in my room, something I despise. My bed was VERY comfortable and the room itself was updated and clean, although small. The breakfast was above average and the front desk personnel were all very pleasant. A fine choice for a quick stop on the side of the road but certainly nothing to write home about. There are several restaurants located close by. The bottom floor rooms have an inside and outside entrance. I stayed on the second floor...no elevator. The curtain thing was no big deal ( to me) , unless you need a room to be pitch black.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2008

We stayed December 16th, 2008 for one night at the Quality Inn. We were very pleased with the stay. Checkin was very pleasant. We had booked using Rewards Points. They were very welcoming to us and our small dog. We requested a king and that is what they gave us. They put us in a first floor outside entrance room for the dog. Room was clean and well furnished with refrigerator and microwave. Amenities were good in the bathroom. The complimentary breakfast was very well presented and better than average selection.

We went for the Festival of Lights and this was a convenient place to stay.

• Liked — Location & cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed October 5, 2008

After reading the reviews I opted to stay here instead of spending more to stay directly in Peoria. I only discovered after making the reservations that this location is actually a motel. It has interior hallways but also has doors leading out to the parking lot. At the risk of sounding green - rooms like this freak me out a little. However, I found the room clean and well suited for the single evening we were staying there. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the night and morning desk clerks were pleasant. I recommend staying here, just be aware that it is technically a motel for rooms on the first floor.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank GrindTeam
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed March 30, 2008

While the overall experience of this hotel was just fine, the curtains did not do a good job of blocking out light. My room never got dark enough for me to sleep well. I was going to stay several nights, but checked out early to move somewhere else.

Light leaked especially bad at the top and bottom of the drapes.

Today, many hotels use large floodlights to light their exteriors. Obviously, some do better at purchasing proper drapes to block out this light.

In my opinion, there are two things I'm buying when staying in a hotel - a good nights sleep, and a good shower. You can have comfortable beds, nice linens, and tasteful decor - but all this stuff is superfluous if you can't sleep because the room never gets dark.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Ineffective curtains
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morton
Baymont Inn & Suites Morton
Americas Best Value Inn Morton/Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
Mark Twain Hotel
#6 of 23 in Peoria

Been to Quality Inn Morton? Share your experiences!