“Nice surprise in small town America...”
Review of Maxine's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spending a couple of nights in Morton, my wife and I were preparing ourselves for bar food and much to our surprise, we came across Maxine's...

Wait staff was very friendly and informative. Went over the menu in great detail (it is a seasonally changing menu, so the items vary by what is in season). Good selection of wines, beers and ciders. High end cuisine with simple ingredients; most of them locally grown. Especially loved the "flight concept" for apps and desserts.

Only negative issue (and why I didn't rate it a 5) was the error on the bill. There were 2 extra items included, which surprised me since the restaurant appears to be well managed. By the way, the 2 items were quickly removed from the bill without incident.

Also, if given the choice (especially in the fall or winter), ask to get a table inside the main building and not the enclosed porch. And don't forget to make a reservation as seating is limited.

1  Thank Lou B

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our 2nd visit...this time my husband had a blt salad and I had a peach salad, both excellent choices. For our entrees, he had the all-American burger which was a very good choice and I had the salmon a 2nd time, excellent! The atmosphere of the restaurant is an old Victorian home, has front porch seating, main floor seating, and upstairs seating. Both times we have been on the main floor. Our service was great both times and we enjoyed the experience!

2  Thank Rhonda W
Reviewed July 20, 2013

excellent meal...quaint atmosphere in old craftsman-style house...excellent, attentive service...all in all a great evening out.We will definately return soon!

2  Thank 3,119
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Love the seasonal menu. The cheese plate is a favorite. The flights let you taste many items at one time.

2  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The creme brulee! Many apps, drinks and desserts are served in flights. The night we were there, they had three cosmos including blood orange and raspberry. The scallops I ordered were cooked perfectly. The creme brulee flight was coconut, coffee and lavender. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank fballwidow