“Obviously a popular place”
Review of The Forest Inn

The Forest Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Morrison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to Forest Inn to take our friends out for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. We went early, as we were headed to Clinton, IA after that. (As we were finishing up our meal, the dining room started to get VERY busy.) Service was very good, our waitress was very pleasant. All 4 meals were very good. I tend to lean more toward vegetarian, but ended up having the broiled scallops - those were excellent. It would be nice to offer some vegetarian choices - I suppose I could have asked what they could have come up with in the kitchen, but I didn't. We had Saganaki (sp?) for the appetizer... it was HUGE! We would go back. Took us a while to get there... but we weren't disappointed.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My aunt and uncle owned this years and years ago and have been coming here since I was a little girl, over50 years. New owners have continued the quality. Always has a good and big meal. Always bring friends from out of town here.

1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Wow what a fantastic place-came from Rosemont Illinois to try -well worth the drive & will do it again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've been going to the Forest Inn for years - my parents had their wedding reception there nearly 60 years ago. Yes, the decor is dated and the menu is not vegan and the wine list is weak but they stick to what they know and they do it well. It's a traditional supper club with a generous salad bar, fabulous fried chicken, melt in your mouth prime rib and great service. It's always comfortably busy for a reason -- it's the best place to eat for miles around.

2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Shredded iceberg lettuce for the salad bar and a sub par wine list. They do not let you bring in your own wine for a corkage fee. Not a good experience.

2  Thank LuAnn515