“Comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Minnesota
“Comfortable”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here without reservations for one night. Hotel is on the north side of town right off the interstate. Desk clerk was nice. No issues getting a room. As we got in super late and left early, we didn't really use much of the room, other than the bed.
Hotel seemed pretty clean. You can tell it is an older property but it still gets the job done.
Breakfast was very good. Eggs & sausage & pastries/waffles.
If you need a place to rest I would try this place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lebanon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were a little skeptical when we pulled in considering the 21 and over "book" store is next to the hotel. But, we checked in. The suite (Room 108) was perfect and we even used the walk in closet for 2 little ones. With 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, plenty of room for all. Bathroom a little small, but perfectly adequate. The breakfast was very good. The morning staff person that was there Sunday and Monday was excellent and very customer friendly and very accommodating. And we appreciate the military discount!!!! Nice stay and we'll come back again when in the area.

Room Tip: For a suite, Room 108 right by the pool and the lobby on the first floor.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The front desk receptionist, Amanda, was very friendly and accommodating and seems to be an asset to the Inn. When we checked in, our room smelled like mold and Amanda immediately changed our rooms and went to check out/fix the smell. Our new room was clean (except that after walking barefoot on the carpet our feet turned black). The bathrooms are a tight fit but clean and sufficient with pretty good water pressure. The two queen beds were standard and worked for my husband and child, but for me (pregnant), it just wasn't comfortable...I'll just chalk that up to being pregnant though as I am spoiled with a king size pillow top at home. The pool area was clean and a nice option, though, the pool was REALLY cold. They may have already been addressing that issue as the jets were pumping out much warmer water. Breakfast was surprising as they had many options including make your own waffles which the family really enjoyed. They also had eggs, sausage, pastries, toast, cereal, yogurt and juices/coffee. Overall, I would choose to stay here again as the price is right, service is good, and the breakfast made mornings easy.

Hillsborough
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room with king-size bed and sleeper couch was roomy and mattress very comfortable, not saggy. The bathroom space was a bit tight, but the hair-dryer on the wall provided a night light, which was useful. The pool and hot-tub were also clean and well-maintained. There was a good variety of hot and cold continental breakfast choices.
The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, especially Ryan and Melissa. Although the hotel does not have a computer and printer for guest use, they assisted us with printing our airline boarding passes prior to checking out.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is clean, has great service, and is conveniently located. I stayed here for business, although it might not be my choice for a personal getaway. Breakfasts feature both hot and continental-style options. Although the property is very close to i-80, the traffic noise is muted, making a good night's sleep possible. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have just used the Comfort Inn in Morris for my entire wedding party. We booked with them over 6 months ago and after the fact found out they were going to be changing owners. Had we only known the problems we would ensue we never would have booked with them. The troubles started with the fact that I set aside about 30 rooms for people with my wedding to book at a discounted rate. Well I would have family members call and tell me that they are being told they HAD to book a suite or that they could book for 2 nights and only be charged for one of them. Now I knew this couldn't be right so I called, supposedly they fixed it.

Then I get more calls from family members saying that they are being told their are no more rooms available. I actually stopped in to the hotel and had them physically turn the computer around to show me that there were atleast 15 rooms left. The next day I have my family from out of state call and tell me that they were told "i'm not sure if there are any rooms available so my best advice would be to try and find someone who all ready has a room and bunk up with them". Ummm REALLY?!?!? So I call and speak with the owner. Now not only does the owner not think anything of telling my family this but proceeds to tell me that there still aren't any rooms! I inform her that I have looked at the computer and know for a fact there are. Sure enough she calls me back to say "oh sorry I guess their are still rooms".

Now this is not the end of my nightmare. When I get there to check in the day before my wedding I come to find that numerous rooms have been messed up. Either the reservation is no longer there or they were trying to charge them more than they should of. (Now mind you I am a very organized bride and I had the printout receipts from them showing that I did in fact book these rooms) I get that figured out to be told hours before my wedding that my brother in law who was supposed to have 2 rooms for Saturday night (one for him and one for his babysitter) does not have two rooms and instead has one room for 2 nights which they didn't show up for the night before. Now this was completely their mistake because Friday when I checked in all was fine. So while I'm supposed to be getting my hair and makeup done I have to deal with getting their rooms fixed. Because it was their fault the woman on duty says they are comping the one room and the other I had already paid for because it was our best man. So my sister in law checks in without paying because they said they had it taken care of. Well then an hour or so later when my husband goes to check into that extra room to get himself ready he gets told that he has to pay for it!!!!!

Needless to say we are still trying to deal with the mess and get our refund. But all I have to say is DON"T TRY TO BOOK YOUR WEDDING ROOMS WITH THE COMFORT INN IN MORRIS!!!! you will end up regretting it as much as I did!!!

Oh and on a side note, they had people mowing lawn directly outside my window at 7am AND their maid service would knock on your door around 7 to clean!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cassie m

Travelers are raving about these Morris hotels

Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We use this hotel often. Rooms have been upgraded with new bedding and bathroom counters and new hall carpeting since the last time we stayed here. The pool/whirlpool area is very clean as is the whole hotel.

Can't say enough about the staff. They are very pleasant and helpful. Amanda checked us in this time and made sure that we got a room that was completely ready. Sharron checked us out and she was fast, efficient and so very nice. Last year when our daughter was getting married we needed to get a few rooms. The manager and staff were very helpful in getting us a group rate.

If you are just looking for an overnight stay or a couple of days relaxation, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morris
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#11 of 23 in Joliet
Hampton Inn by Hilton Joliet I-80

Been to Morris Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!