“Business”
Review of Morris Comfort Inn

Morris Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Morris and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I had been working long hours on the night shift and was hoping it would be quiet enough for daytime sleep and it was. I got plenty of undisturbed rest and my room was cleaned each day. When away from home, I'm rather paranoid about bugs but during my entire stay (30 plus days) I never saw a bug of ANY kind, which gave me a huge sense of confidence and contributed to a restful sleep. The desk staff (Laura, Sharron and Destiny) always greeted me each morning with a big smile and always had a nice breakfast already prepared. This is the sixth or seventh time I've stayed there and have absolutely no reason to look elsewhere. Everything I need is conveniently located nearby (Walmart, Culver's, Pizza Hut, Chili's, IHOP) and the rates are very reasonable. The next time I work near Morris I will most certainly stay at Comfort Inn Morris

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

What I didn't like: hallway carpet & stairs needed to be cleaned, air condition was a little noisy at first but got quieter, small bathroom-door hit the bathtub. What I liked: our room was clean and comfortable, had microwave & refrig, breakfast was good and attendant attentive & nice. All in all I was satisfied with the stay but felt price could have been a tad lower ($84+tax).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAFLP
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were in town for a national level kart race in Norway, Ill and this was the closest place we could find. Our family/team had a suite which was as nice as a fine resort at 1/3 the cost. The staff on all shifts for our three day, two-nights were very helpful and professional even in the face of one inebriated-obnoxious customer.

The staff welcomed everyone at check-in with fresh-baked cookies and the breakfast (the usual fare along with scrambled eggs and sausage links) was equally as good as the very nice Comfort Inn at Hatteras, N.C. In terms of convenience the hotel is easy to find as it is right off interstate 80 and less than 200 ft. walking distance to a Chili's restaurant. The most important part was the room was immaculate. and the walk-in closet was as big as a small bedroom.

If next years schedule includes a stop at Concept Haulers Motorspeedway we will be staying at this inn.

Room Tip: See if the suite is available. It is located right around the corner from check-in and very quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank maplelanepottery
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn Express which runs just a tad more each night but there was not comparison! It is a hotel that is a bit dated although they are updating the rooms.

The WiFi was spotty and I was surprised that they did not have a business center or at least a computer that one could use but there was nothing available. The girl at the desk offered to look something up for me if I needed it but that was not the purpose of what I needed; i.e., E-mail and work.

The bathroom was smaller than most closets and one could not get into the shower without closing the door and snaking between the toilet.

The breakfast was passable but again, nothing like what the Holiday Inn Express offers.

The Adult Bookstore next door attracts some interesting clients and getting back around 11PM, I was glad I was not a woman having to park in the back of the parking area with people leering at you from across the hedge.

There are better hotels on Gore Road . . . . . The Holiday Inn Express and the sister property, the Quality Inn .. . . . . if they have vacancy, you will find them preferable options

Room Tip: Get a downstairs room - no elevator
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SCTHer
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our reservations turned out to be on the second floor but there was no elevator and being senior citizens we weren't happy about the stairs. The gal at the desk (Sharron) said there was only a suite on the 1st floor but for a few dollars more we could have that room. It was clean, comfortable, large, had a refrigerator and microwave......didn't need any more. The breakfast was good......best sausage on our whole vacation!! The staff was super......had a problem with a light in the room and they fixed it immediately! The staff gave us some ideas of what to see in Morris and what to do. They were very friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BevD807
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel and rooms were standard and adequate for this level of hotel, however I felt the need to write a review to say how extremely helpful the late night staff was. The woman at the desk went above and beyond as far as customer service goes. If you are on a cross country road trip and routinely arriving at hotel/motels after the hour of 11pm, you know how rare this is.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you have any disabilities or heavy luggage request a room on the first floor. Als...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisanichols20
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Not the best Comfort Inn that I have stayed. It is situated next to an Adult toy store and a very frequented trucker hotel. The desk person was creepy telling me that "he could get into my room if he wanted." Very unnerving when you are a woman travelling alone. I advise anyone travelling to the area to book at the Holiday Inn Express down the road.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank nailedtoacross
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morris
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Morris
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris
Days Inn & Suites of Morris
9 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Minooka

Been to Morris Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!