“Room very clean”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Room very clean”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The room was very clean which is always our top priority. The pool was good size and open until 10 which was very helpful. There is a convience store across the parking lot which came in really handy. Left to early to try breakfast.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at your Inn. As people with disabilities, particularly liked amazing shower heads, perfect height of bed for wheelchair and friendly, accommodating staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Clean, functional room with lots of space. Some noise from below but soon faded away. Waffles poorly mixed so that they came out mushy. Otherwise continental breakfast mediocre at best. Nice sized pool but crowded with kids until late.

• Stayed June 2012
morris
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here 1 night in march, 2012. The room was nice. it was really nice selection and just what we needed to get going quickly and save us time! Wi-fi was accessible in the room and everything was clean and well-kept. A super value for those not wanting super luxury and super big price tags. person who was working at the front desk was very nice and polite during check-in. I checked in a little early without a problem I was impressed with the decor when I walked in. the place was in nice shape and very clean. I had plenty of towels and hot water. The breakfast was even good.I got such a great rate on the room, i am happy with my stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aman c
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Please, think before you book! This hotel has a history of bed bugs. When I pulled back the covers to get in bed a huge silverfish ran across the sheets. I also came in contact with 5 roaches during my 5 day stay.

I should have known to leave when I checked into my room and the toilet was filled with some else's feces...the bathroom reeked of old urine. Who knows how long it had been sitting there?? When I contacted the front desk about this, they offered no apology, after being firm in the fact that I was not going to stay in a room that smelled like someone else's fecal matter, they rudely told me I could change rooms.

The rooms have a horrible odor and feel damp. The staff is HORRIBLE. I stayed there while on a business trip, I was working nights and I told the staff my schedule so the cleaning people would not disturb me during the day. A cleaning woman walked in on me while I was sleeping, right after I had informed them several times of my schedule.
Once I went to the front desk, called out "HELLO" loudly, no one answered. I then proceeded to call the hotel from the phone in the lobby.....SURPRISE SURPRISE, someone answered who had OBVIOUSLY heard me call for assistance. Such a rude and inconsiderate staff. The Indian man who owns it is blatantly rude and sarcastic.

Moral of the story.....DON'T STAY HERE!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KParker_12

Travelers are raving about these Morris hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Was relocating to Ohio from Utah and stopped here along the way. My wife and I were each driving a car, along with our son and dog (a Yorkshire Terrier.) We had planned where we were going to stay beforehand as not all places accept dogs. When we arrived out our planned hotel we were informed that they no longer accepted dogs, leaving us looking for another hotel at about 9 at night (I don't blame the first hotel by the way. If I owned a hotel I probably wouldn't take dogs either).

We got online and searched for dog-friendly hotels nearby and found Days Inn. We then called their 800 number and checked for availability and rates. Since my truckbed was full of moving items we were preferably looking for a room with an outside door so that I could keep a close eye on my vehicle, this hotel is not one of those. When I told the operator that I was going to try to find something else she began making deals, she slashed the price once and I was not yet sold, so she slashed the price again and I booked the room for much less than advertised (I can't remember exactly what it was now).

So great, we finally found a place to stay. We arrive at the hotel, dead tired of course since we had been driving all day and it was now 10pm or so, and begin gathering our things to head inside. We brought our most valuable items with us instead of putting them in the moving truck, so each night we would take these items to our room with us so that they would be safe. So picture this, my wife and I are dead tired, hauling in a heap of bags and things along with a little dog tucked under my arm and a now screaming three year old in tow. I come to the door and am obviously struggling to get it open, have to set down a suitcase that then falls over, and as I reach down to pick it up one of the hotel workers zips by me, talking on his cellphone the entire time, and basically slams the door in my face.

I manage to juggle the door open and check in at the counter. I am now a bit irked of course, especially since the worker that slammed the door in my face is sitting in the lobby having what looks like coffee and a snack with another worker, so when the man checking me in seemed a bit offish I at first assumed it was just me being sensitive. Then the man sees the price that I had paid for the room and begins openly complaining about the franchise and "how do they expect him to stay in business at these rates." The, what I now assume is the owner, then realizes that they had failed to charge me the fee for the dog, at which point he asks me accusingly if I had neglected to tell them that I had a dog. I told him that I had told them about the dog and they must have made a mistake, he then shakes his head, hands me my keys, and grunts my room number.

For the remainder of my stay each time I saw him, or what now appeared to be his family members that worked there, I would be drawn into a glaring contest until we were out of eye contact.

I am normally quite thick-skinned, and things generally roll right off my back. But the service I received at this hotel really, really, rubbed me the wrong way.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My stay was very nice, had really good housekeeping service. The front desk was very helpful

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morris
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Morris
#3 of 5 in Morris
Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet
Best Western Joliet Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area

Been to Days Inn & Suites of Morris? Share your experiences!