“Cute, but pricey”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Cute, but pricey”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Cute little place to eat but only for something special for lunch. $10 for lunch with a friend (tax and tip included) for a fancy little sandwich - it was good but not somewhere I would frequent. Service was good and they were attentive. I just think it is overpriced.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank SUGARMOMMA819

illinois
“Awesome girls lunch spot”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very cute restaurant. Every inch is covered in unique ideas. The service was excellent. We were not rushed at any time. The food was very good. Just right for lunch. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will return with girlfriends.
One little note: My husband would consider this a "girls restaurant" so would not be comfortable going here but there were men dining when I was there.

• Visited July 2014
Morris, Illinois
“Wonderful little gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love this little cafe! It is a little pricey but the atmosphere and wonderful staff make for a relaxing lunch!

• Visited May 2014
Dixon, IL
“Very Cool Place!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My friend, my niece and I stopped here for lunch today on our way to check out the Three French Hens Market. The place was sure busy, packed with people, but we didn't have to wait very long as some of the people ahead of us had left before they were called. There is seating in the shop downstairs and upstairs is like a balcony with open rails so you can see down below to the shop area and there is also outdoor patio seating. We sat upstairs along the balcony so we had a good view of the whole place, which was good, because it took us forever to get our food! The decor is very cleverly done, lots to look at, got some great ideas for decorating! We had pots of tea, they had regular and I had the lemon ginger roobois, which was very good. We all ordered the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, they had soup with theirs and I had salad. The chicken salad was really good, made with strawberrys and pecans. I had the house sweet cream dressing which was served on the side in a thimble sized cup. It was excellent, next time I will ask for extra! It also came with potato chips and fruit. The service was really slow, but they were extremely busy, probably because it was a market day. It won't stop us from going there again, we will just make sure we get there earlier! Would be a fantastic place to have a baby/bridal shower!

• Visited May 2014
Morris, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sister Lunch”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very good friendly staff. My sister and I go whenever school is out. It is only open for lunch and being teachers it does not allow us to go very often.

• Visited March 2014