“A quick stopover”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Morris
Ames, Iowa, United States
“A quick stopover”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly, and the price was inexpensive ($54.00). The rooms are a little outdated, but clean. Rooms had free wifi, refrigerator, and microwave. You are a block from multiple food locations and easy on easy off for the interstate.
This would not be my first choice for a vacation base camp, but its more then adequate for getting a few hours sleep.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Bubba D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
WATERVLIET
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staff was very curtious, attentive and helpful. Room was clean. Breakfast was adequate. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 overnight for business. The desk staff was friendly when I arrived, which I was very nice. When I got to my room, the furniture was very outdated (not a huge deal for me, but if you're looking for something glamorous, this shouldn't in your top picks). When I went to take a shower, I turned on the faucet and large dirt and grime specks filled the tub, which also had black hairs in and around (my hair is not black). One plus to the room was that the bed was comfy and the room would have been large enough to have more guests. In the morning, I was disgusted again when I went to make coffee, only to notice what appeared to be mold growing in the top. It may be the cheapest in hotel in town, but until some changes are made, I would suggest checking out other options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Morris hotels

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The bed in our room was like a cardboard box with springs. However, the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and for the location along 80 at the price, it wasn't terrible. We won't choose this hotel again, though, knowing the beds are older.

• Stayed July 2012
Silvis
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The price they charged me was two hundred dollars more then the internet reserve price I was told over the phone. The day i was to depart they missed by two days and I had two pay cash for the extra time.The microwave was not plugged in and I had to move it myself the help couldn't do it and did not have the right tools.Because it was mounted to the frigerater.Somebodys car alarm went off one morning outside my window at 01:56 in the morning for 5 minuts. The desk lady was very rude not only to me but other guest. I will never stay at this hotel again and dont recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Dont stay here