“Good Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The pizza is the star at this establishment. The rest of the menu items ar just ok. The service here is usally very good. The prices are a little on the high side considering the food is just mediocre at best.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I come from an area in Northeast PA where very good Italian food is common. Also I am not in the habit of giving poor reviews, usually just don't write anything at all, BUT, in this case all I can say is SAVE YOUR MONEY. Go somewhere else if you are used to really good Italian food.
The service was good but the food was mediocre at best, prices high for the quality. I can't vouch one way or the other for the pizza, we didn't have any(seemed as if alot of people were), but three of us had dinner there and none of us thought our meal was very good from start to finish.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We were looking for pizza for dinner and found Maria's. We ordered a thin crust, sausage pizza and thought it was really good. My husband got the salad bar and, although, it really wasn't large, it was just nice that it was offered as so many places don't have one.

My only complaint is that it wasn't very full and yet when a group of 5 came in, they added a chair to the table right across from us instead of sitting them elsewhere. The waitresses had to squeeze through and we had to "deal" with loud, annoying people. Thankfully, we were close to leaving.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Outstanding service. Soup and salad bar came with the entrees .Downhill from there. Limited salad bar. Most selections were bland. The plus was the salad was mostly romaine, with limited amounts of iceberg. One soup of the night was french onion, 3.00 upcharge to get it baked with cheese. Flavorfull but not worth the extra cost. Cappelini Pomodoro, large serving. Very light on garlic and basil. Shrimp (3) was extra. Veal Marsala? Menu says served in a rich Marsala wine sauce. Ours was served in brown gravy that tasted packaged.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

The atmosphere is below par, with uncomfortable chairs and small tables, indifferent lighting, and cold temperatures, as well as smokers just outside the front door (I thought they needed to stay 15 feet away, but the management does not enforce this). The service is just okay, not what I would expect for the prices on the menu. The food is average and many things I have tried are just too salty (and I really like salt). The prices are high and I doubt we will return anytime soon.

Been to Maria's? Share your experiences!