“Just my bad luck, its probably a good place to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Monticello Gateway Inn

BEST WESTERN Monticello Gateway Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Monticello
North Kansas City, Missouri
“Just my bad luck, its probably a good place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had to stop here because of a blizzard; otherwise I would have chosen Decatur or Springfield. There is only one restaurant and one convenience store there. Nothing else exists for many miles. Both of those are good. The internet didn't work and that is always a dissapointment. I feel if an advertised service is not working I should be told up front before I check in. The room was nice, had a kitchenette and everything was fine until someone checked in across the hall with 2 large dogs then left them unattended. Those darn dogs barked loud until 10pm when their owner returned. I imagine the motel will have to do some repair to that room as they were really clawing away at the door.There is an indoor pool, spa and a coin operated washer/drier.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms on the rear side have a back door that goes out on a wood deck overlooking a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great place at affordable price. I stayed 3 nights and felt like home. Enjoyed lot. Very helpful staff. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Free wi-fi and possibility of free airport ride too. Free tea and coffee. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramesh1234567
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast bar was good. Room was spacious and very comfortable. I slept like a baby. I stayed for 3 days and I felt like home...;. If only I could've stayed longer it would've been great. If you like French vanilla coffee to best way to do it is fillet halfway with burglar coffee and then the rest with French vanilla turns out perfect

• Stayed December 2012
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our Sock Crankers had a fantastic time at this motel. They were very welcoming and showed us unexpected
kindnesses. The conference room has plenty of space, and connects with a room for venders and another for
classes.The breakfast room was another plus for demos and classes. We were very comfortable and our
spirits were high.
An important asset is the resturant next door. We enjoyed tasty food, promptly served, hot, very reasonably
priced, large portions which made our room fridge and microwave nice for lunch the next day.
I hope we can return to this site again.
Marjorie S.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. No problems. I didn't use the spa. I'd rather knit.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our group had over 70 people that all had sock knitting machines gathering for the weekend. The main conference room had plenty of room for each attendee. The main room had many outlets and large suites and a smaller conference room for hands-on-classes/demonstrations if you group would these amenities. It also had a nice alcove for vendors. This hotel is a perfect spot for a weekend for scrap booking, spinning, quilting, rug hooking etc. Large pool and hot tub. was a little cool since the heater had just been fixed. Staff was very helpful and willing to work with the group to help meet our weekend needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I attended a conference in this motel and stayed there for four nights. The staff was very friendly and my room was very clean and odorfree. The only thing I didn't care for was the complimentary breakfasts. It was the same every day. My suggestion for them is to improve the quality and vary the breakfast items. Even when breakfast ended at 10:00 AM there was coffee and hot tea with a lovely assortment of tea bags available which was very nice for breaks. Thank you for a wonderful time. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

After reading the reviews I was really worried about staying here but since it was the only place with a pool available even close to the area we needed there wasn't much I could do but take it.
We didn't have any problems with the staff during our weekend stay, they were friendly,at check in, our times in and out, and check out. Room did have a slight musky smell when we first opened the door, but after turning air on then going out to dinner didn't notice it again. Room was clean, bathroom door didn't lock but that wasn't a problem for us and I forgot to report it! Beds were made and room cleaned while we were out on Sat. No problem with noise even though there were teen baseball teams staying there. Pool was huge, water cold and clean. Spa/hot tub was out of order but again didn't really bother us, never heard anyone else complain. There were lots of cigarette butts and a few beer cans laying around the deck ground when we checked it out Sunday morning but the parents of the baseball team were out there Sat. night when were at pool and still there when we left so I figure that's where they came from.

Was this the best hotel or cheapest hotel I've stayed at? No! Was it the worst hotel I've stayed at? No! Would I stay again? Yes

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Days Inn Farmer City
Days Inn Farmer City
#1 of 1 in Farmer City

Been to BEST WESTERN Monticello Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!