“Adequate - Not the best Fairfield Inn I've stayed in but good nonetheless”

Fairfield Inn Moline
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Moline
New York NY
“Adequate - Not the best Fairfield Inn I've stayed in but good nonetheless”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been spoiled with some very new Fairfield Inn by Marriott properties with the upgraded bathroom amenities and some super comfortable beds and bedding.

The Fairfield Inn Moline Airport is not new. I think that summer in general is tough on hotels - higher occupancy rates, more children, more requests for towels, etc.

The hotel isn't in the most charming location but it is convenient to the highway and the airport. It feels safe and is easy to find / access. Parking is free. The staff is delightful - everybody is very nice and goes the extra mile.

Some of the lights on the buttons in the elevator were out and the breakfast buffet was missing a couple items. Some of the towels and things are showing their signs of age. None of these things would stop me from staying at the Fairfield Inn the next time I am in Moline - I like Marriott a lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Moline, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the review, we work hard to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay at the Fairfield Inn. I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments on our staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again when traveling to the Quad Cities area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oak Brook, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for almost 3 weeks. The staff is wonderful! GM is very conscientious of the cleanliness of the hotel and grounds. For short or long term stays this is a great hotel. Rooms are clean and very comfortable as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank L S
Thank you so much for your kind review . We appreciate that you stay with us and especially want to thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff. We are thrilled that we have been able to make your stay enjoyable, and look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Quad Cities area. Thanks again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The property was as ordered and needed. Economical, clean, quiet. Served light breakfast but cannot comment as did not partake. The swimming pool was clean yet small but again, did not partake. Front desk courteous and attentive at check-in and during check-out. Check-in made sure I had my Marriott information entered and checkout arranged transportation to airport without issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tammy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Moline, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Tripadvisor Review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I understand that you did not partake in the breakfast. I would like to invite you to enjoy our new Hot Breakfast Program, that we just rolled out, the next time you travel to the Moline Area.
Ottawa, Kansas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and paid $100/night for a king bed. Hotel staff was very friendly. Common areas were clean. The room was clean and didn't have any maintenance issues that I could see. It was small.. no question... the king bed + furniture pretty much filled the room. No odors. Hotel is close to shopping, food and airport. The hot tub is permanently closed but pool is open.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Moline, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate that you stay with us and especially want to thank you for your nice comments on our staff. We are thrilled that we have been able to make your stay enjoyable. Thanks again!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was traveling with 2 friends to Chicago. We stopped over at the Fairfield Inn for a night. We arrived about 11pm, and were checked in quickly. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We all slept well. The breakfast in the morning was good, many choices available. The front desk staff for check out was also very nice. Paid $122 (with tax) and was satisfied with that rate. Other comparable hotels in the area were similarly priced. If I was driving through Moline again, I would definitely stay here. I was very pleased with the hotel, staff and service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Buffy24
Tammy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Moline, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for the positive review, we work hard to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay at the Fairfield Inn. We look forward to having you as our guest when traveling to the Quad Cities area.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night. The front desk staff was nice enough, but that's where the good news stops. The room was small, sheets were scratchy, pillows lumpy, heat smelled like burnt hair, hot water sounded like an airplane landing. Also, it's right next to a water treatment facility so there was a foul odor when we went to our car the next morning. Continental breakfast was typical dry muffins and cereal. I would also note that the Denny's across the street wasn't much by way of cleanliness or service. Blech - all the way around.

• Stayed October 2012
We are so glad you choose our hotel, for your Moline trip. We apologize for any inconvenience you had at our property,We pride ourselves on going above and beyond our customers expectations to ensure that our guests stays enjoyable. I do apologize there was no easy chair in your room to make this trip more enjoyable for you. Fairfield Inn will be launching a new hot breakfast program this year.
Almond, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Shower has been redone and is good. No easy chair in the room. The carpet could be cleaned (Shampooed) and the mattress pads should be replaced. The breakfast was typical, but the attendant at the breakfast area was extremely helpful for those who were not familiar with the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Probably would opt to stay at a Courtyard or another newer Fairfield if I were to have a second chan...