“It has everything you need” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson on John Deere Commons

Radisson on John Deere Commons
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Moline
San Jose, CA
“It has everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Radisson on John Deere Commons is especially well-situated for just about anything you want to do. Easy access to the bridge if you are heading for the Arsenal or Iowa. Easy walking distance to lots of activities in downtown Moline.

At check-in there was a little question about the rate I should pay and the clerk quickly gave me the lowest rate - no debate, no calls for approval. Just good service.

Room Tip: The free breakfast is really good. There's not much reason to go anywhere else unless you are m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CalifTravelerOne
Rooms Division M, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Radisson on John Deere Commons for your recent stay in the Quad Cities.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. Feedback from our guests is very important to our continued success. I was particularly pleased to see that our staff was able to handle your rate concern to your satisfation. Our staff members take pride in their customer service skills and we hold them to a high standard.

We look forward to the next opportunity to provide you with Radisson hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Metamora, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel was very clean and updated. Was strange that they don't give complementary upgrades though. The breakfast was the same ol cheap stuff but at least it wasn't breakfast sandwiches that you put in the microwave. Was strange that they didn't match a per diem rate since right outside a government location.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank amylapoin
Rooms Division M, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, August 27, 2012

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. Your comments are very important to continued improvement of our services. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us.

I was interested to note the remark you made concerning breakfast and have passed those on to the appropriate staff. Regardless you may be assured that your comments have been heard and the feedback is much appreciated.

atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is just beautiful on arrival! Area is 100% clean & manicured. The interior upon walking in is superb! Very clean & well kept. This is a hotel for a few nights only! Not a week stay.

Breakfast is gross. Powdered eggs, waffles & pork sausage mainly. EVERY SINGLE DAY! Nothing changed. No microwaves in the room so you cannot bring food in unless you want to bring it to the lobby & microwave it there.

No laundry facilities on site. However, they will charge you only 1 arm & leg to have them wash it for you. After explaining over and over to the people at the front desk that our team had to have clean uniforms he assisted in trying to find a place to wash them. We called at least 10 places and everything was closed. I told him we need a 24 hour location. He finally asked how many loads and when I told him it was only uniforms so 2 loads he allowed us to use the facility washer/dryer. Total time I dealt with this crap over 1 HOUR!!!

We paid $124/night because they raised the rates to capitalize on the ASA softball tournament that was in town.

Front desk was NOT very knowledgeable when asking about things to do in the area. Their answer is you have a magazine in your room that lists stuff.

This was not the place to have a softball team come for a week. 2 thumbs down!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank suzanne326
Rooms Division M, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, August 9, 2012

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. Feedback from our guests is so very important to the continued improvement of our services.

I am glad to hear that you found our faciliites to be well maintained and clean, we take pride in offering a high level of cleanliness and customer service at this hotel.

After reviewing your comments I was interested to note that there were no laundromats open when you needed to wash the players uniforms. It is standard practice to charge guests for our inhouse laundry service, which you will find to be common at most Radisson hotels. I am glad to here that our staff was able to help with that situation.

I am sorry that you felt as though our rates were high, indicating that we raised our rates to capitalize on the ASA tournament, but on an average day this hotel rate and others in this market will be charging anywhere from $129 - $169 plus tax per night.

On behalf of the staff and management, we look forward to the next opportunity to provide you with Radisson hospitality.
Pune, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I normally stay in this hotel when i am visiting Moline. i always have some or the other issue with this hotel. The internet is very poor and frustrating. The service is good though. I always have issues with morning breakfast. Thanks god there is a TGI Friday is next door. Overall,not a great hotel tostay given the $100 + / night rate.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for the room on the lower floor. better internet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nrjirafe
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, July 6, 2012

I was interested to note the remark you made concerning our internet and apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that we have a support line that can provide technical support often helping to speed up the connection based upon your computer settings. I am glad that you do enjoy the TGI Fridays restaurant located in our hotel and am sorry for any issues you have had wiht our complimentary breakfast. Regardless you may be assured that your comments have been heard and the feedback is much appreciated.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would never stay at this hotel again. I returned to the hotel at 2 am from a 25-year high school reunion. My husband was still downtown and I did not have a key (my second mistake--the first was staying at this hotel). The front desk clerk would not let me in the room. My ID was in the room and he would not bring me to the room to prove it was my room. He had no regard for my safety and walked back in the office. When I returned with my husband, he had the nerve to yell at me that it was not my room. I think he thought he could treat me so horribly because he thought I was intoxicated. I was not, just tired. He will regret the call I make to the general manager Monday morning. There is a reason he is working the night shift on a weekend.

Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Jean A
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, June 29, 2012

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. Feedback from our guests is so very important to the continued improvement of our services and your comments have been heard.

After reviewing your comments I was interested to note the remark you made concerning
an issue with your room key. I do apologize regarding any misunderstanding with our staff member, please know that we do require proper identification in order to make keys to a room for the protection of our guests.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stopped at this Radisson on our way to visit family in Iowa and were so glad we did. We had spent most of the day dealing with a medical emergency, and therefore we were pleased to be welcomed by a very friendly, sympathetic desk clerk. He made our day by, surprisingly, upgrading our room. We had a beautiful room and an excellent view (including the river). The clerk also gave us several recommendations for places to have dinner. We enjoyed our brief stay in Moline (don't miss the John Deere Pavilion) and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelinMs
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, June 26, 2012

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. Feedback from our guests is very important to our continued success. I am sorry to hear that part of your trip to Moline was spent dealing with a medical emergency but am glad to hear that our staff was able to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. Excellent service and location. The staff here are friendly and very helpful. It's right across from John Deere Pavilion which anyone who stays in this hotel check that place out. Nice pool and fitness center.

There are quite few restaurants around the area, one of them definitely worth a visit is Bad Boyz. Their pizza is totally top notch! If you want to have subway there, just remember it closes on sundays.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank michsyw
Rooms Division M, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson on John Deere Commons, responded to this review, June 20, 2012

I was happy to hear that you were able to visit the John Deere Pavilion, a local attraction located just across the street from our hotel. As well, the excellent pizza from Bad Boyz.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport

Been to Radisson on John Deere Commons? Share your experiences!