“This is the #1 restaurant in Moline?”
Review of El Pavito - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Pavito
Cuisines: Mexican
West Des Moines, Iowa
“This is the #1 restaurant in Moline?”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

For th first time, Trip Advisor let me down. I took my team of 10 guys for dinner and I was completely disappointed. The place was filthy, the atmosphere run down, and servers were severely understaffed.

The food was ok, but it took far too long to get drinks, refills, and side items like tortillas for my fajitas, or a side of rice and beans that never arrived.

The margaritas were made without a mix which was nice, but having to leave my seat to get another one was a real pain.

I ordered shrimp fajitas which were good, but the fact that I had to peel them really ruined it for me.

In the end, I won't go out of my way to return. I feel bad for the residents of Moline if they think this is a good place to eat.

Molene
“Loved it.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Food was fantastic and because we were early birds we got some great service. Will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Mex!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good food but the service can be very slow at times. Family owned and the couple are getting up in years but are so friendly. Sometimes they forget to bring our drinks or chips but with a gentle reminder they eventually bring them. Its worth it to get the authentic mex food. The place is old and small and not updated so dont expect much in that realm.

Visited June 2012
“Great mexican food!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I found this gem a few years ago, the older couple were there first, now I think their kids are helping. The food is GREAT, service is good, over the years I've tried all the items on the menu. They have Dos X's and the beer only makes the better. I found this place and it has my go to place.

1 Thank Amigo781
“Best Mexican food in the qca”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Best carnitas and fajitas in town!.. great margaritas!

1 Thank qcfoodguy