Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not bad”
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I stayed here for one night on business. I have mostly good things to say but one bad. I will start with the good. This hotel was obviously relatively new. I had a very large room with a sofa. The configuration of the room is like what I have seen at other new Hamptons - small bathroom but sink and mirror in an alcove in the room. The room was clean and the staff was super friendly. Staying at a hotel right by the airport, I expected airplane noise. I really did not hear anything from outside.

Ok, here comes the bad. My one complaint though was that there was little to no insulation between the rooms. I heard the guy next to me cough and - I kid you not - snore all night. Luckily I am a pretty heavy sleeper but that is ridiculous. I did not request to be moved since it was so late at night but the staff was so friendly, I am sure that they would have tried to accomodate me.

Granted, when I go to places like Moline, I do not expect the Ritz and I would probably stay here again since it appeared to be the newest hotel in town. However, I will request a room at the end of the hall so it minimizes my chances of sharing a wall.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We arrived at the hotel at 10 am realizing that check in was not until 3. When we walked into the lobby there were no other guests and few cars in the parking lot. When we told the front desk attendant that we were checking in she looked at us funny and said "I'll see if we have anything clean". That was fair but it kind of reminded me of the scene from Meet the Parents when Ben Stiller was trying to board the plane and the ticketing agent kept calling out other rows, realizing that there were no other people there. The hotel was above average for Hampton Inn properties, clean and well kept. Breakfast was typical and replenished often. Called down and asked for more towels and seemed like before I hung up they were at the door. Different front desk person on the second day was helpful with an internet problem. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Liked — Good Bedding
  • Disliked — Three year old in the whirlpool unattended.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DVCBob
NJ
Reviewed January 1, 2008

A great choice when coming into Quad Cities area on business. You can literally walk to it from the airport terminal as it is just across the parking lot. Has very nice lobby, fitness room, small snack shop and pool. Rooms were roomy with nice work space. Everything that is good about Hampton Inn’s!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Historiana
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2007

Just returned from our Thanksgiving night stay at the Hampton. Booked two rooms, a King with sofa sleeper and a King handicapped accessible for the father-in-law. Although our room was very spacious, the bathroom was disappointingly small with a traditional tub/shower/stool setup that barely left room to enter and then close the door. The sink/vanity area adjoining was far more spacious with a single sunken bowl, large granite countertop, huge lighted mirror, and open shelving conveniently placed next to the closet. The king-sized bed was also located on that end of the room with the couch/sofa sleeper across from the room entry. Its location next to the air/heat unit could prove uncomfortable for a third party using the sleeper as our grown daughter indicated the next moring. There's a fridge/microwave/wetbar setup with an extended granite counter that would function well as an entertainment center for small corporate gatherings located just inside the room entry.

The King handicapped room was far more traditional in size and setup. However, the large tiled bath with walk-in shower was amazing. One of the nicest bathrooms I've seen in similar priced accommodations. The granite vanity with sunken bowl sink was contained within the bathroom itself, which would limit its access depending on the relationship of individuals sharing the room with this traditional setup.

The pool area was well done, however, both the whirlpool and rectangular swimming pool are small with the depth reaching 4 feet in the 'deep' end of the pool. The towel cart contained no clean towels on Thanksgiving evening, but had been restocked the following morning. The small fitness area had a treadmill, elliptical machine, and cycling unit. All three setups faced a tv which was placed high on the wall across from the entry door.

Breakfast featured sweet breads, rolls, doughnuts, cold cereals, single serving pre-packaged oatmeal, fresh fruits, and the makings for egg McMuffins... ham, cartoonish fried eggs, and biscuits. Fresh coffee, hot water for tea and hot chocolate, OJ, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and two milk options completed the beverage selections. The breakfast area was quite spacious and well designed, providing privacy so that your party could truly enjoy their breakfast.

In summary, this Hampton Inn is an upscale addition to the standard chain options out by the airport. The only downside I observed was that there are limited restaurant options nearby... so eat dinner out before you check in. You should sleep well here unless you're unfortunate enough to end up on the very basic sofa sleeper with the air blasting 2 feet from your head in a King sleeper unit.

• Liked — The spacious bathroom with walk-in shower in the handicapped accessible unit
  • Disliked — The small tub/stool bathroom in the higher priced King sleeper unit
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Littletoot2
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We just stayed at the Hampton this past weekend, while attending a concert at the I wireless center in Moline. The hotel was great. I was a little worried at first since it was by the airport, but don't let this keep you away. The airport is very small and we didn't hear one plane the whole time. My 2 kids (13 &10) had a blast in the pool. The pool isn't huge but it's extremely clean and there were plenty of towels. The hotel also had a place to purchase snacks and they charged them to your hotel room. The hotel is located in a more country setting but you're only 10 minutes from downtown Moline. The drive to downtown is extremely easy. We had a king bed suite. The bed was extremely comfortable and my son said the pull out sofa bed was great. The rooms are neat clean and very sound proof.
The only small disappointment was the breakfast. The hotel did provide a continental breakfast, but the eggs were cold and the women who was restocking donuts, milk, fruit, etc. was extremely slow. It wasn't that crowded when we were there either. She said she would be right out with more, but after waiting around for almost 15 minutes for the donuts, bagels and fruits to be refilled, we just grabbed a bowl of cereal and a muffin with skim milk since the 2% milk was out too. However, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We enjoy Hampton Inns and the value they provide. This Hampton Inn is less than a year old and I hope it is the future of this chain. The rooms are much larger with the windows in the center of the room, not in the corner. The decor is up to date and very pleasant. New beds and bedding. The bathroom is considerably larger than any Hampton Inn I have stayed in before now. It also has a large granite counter top and a cherry vanity. Nice walk in shower without a tub - I liked that feature. While it is near the airport, I did not hear a plane all night. The staff was friendly and it is a wonderful property.

• Liked — Large rooms and comfy bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed August 18, 2007

After years of staying in the older choice of hotels near the airport, the new Hampton is my new home when I visit the Quad area. It's exactly what I expect when I check into a Hampton.

Stayed June 2007