“Good hotel near to JD”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Stoney creek in a nice hotel, at downtown Moline, very near to I74 and next to the great Mississippi River.
The rooms are very nice. I got a cottage room with all facilities and kitchenate.
I was worried about cleaning the utensils daily, but the room attendant did it everytime which reduced my load.
JD pavilion is at a walking distance from this hotel.
In short, its a wonderful hotel in Moline.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline

Reviewed February 9, 2010

Our initial reaction when we walked in the door at the Stoney Creek in Moline was: "wow, this is nice". I particularly like the Northwoods decor. Check-in was fine, clerk was not over-friendly, nor was she rude, just doing her job. First thing we wanted to do was check out the pool but it was over-run with children with no room for a leisurely swim so went to plan B and checked out the eating establishments close to the hotel. Had the weather been nicer, we could have taken a nice walk but it was freezing.

We first went to Lagomarcino's. It's an old fashioned ice cream parlor/candy store. Being Valentine's Day is near, it was packed. We bought several types of candy and would definitely reccommend. We also visited two restaurants/bars in the area: River House and Bad Boy'z Pizza. Had a great time at both places and would recommend.

The worst part of our stay was when we returned to the hotel. Pool was still packed so we went back to the room, watched TV and attempted to sleep. I have to agree with the previous posters who said sleep is virtually impossible. My husband and I are in our early 50's and not fudddy duddy's by no means. We remember the days of young children and how excited they are to stay in a hotel. But to still be running through the halls, screaming, jumping on beds and knocking on doors after midnight was nuts. At one point, around 1:00am, we thought the light fixture was going to fall from the celing and land on our heads. The people/kids above must have been jumping off the beds and we feared they were coming thru the ceiling. Is it extra thin walls and ceilings in the hotel? I'm not sure but I've never stayed in a hotel where the noise bothered us so much.

Breakfast was good and there were several options to choose from including bisquits & gravy, hard boiled eggs, french toast, waffles, yogurt, oatmeal. The breakfast bar employee did a great job of keeping everything stocked and cleaned. She was the best person we came in contact with.

As stated, I wish I could give this a higher rating because I liked the looks of the hotel and there are restaurants/bars within walking distance but the disregard from the staff concerning the noise was disappointing. We like to have fun as much as the next guy, but we also like to be able to sleep at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone with kids because they will have a blast and have the run of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bakes4
stmaknight, Operations Support Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is greatly appreciated and I will share your comments with the /Staff and Management at the hotel as it will only help us to improve.
I am sorry that the hotel was a little loud during your stay.
At Stoney Creek Inns we believe in a "People First" philosophy and do our best to ensure all guests have a positive memorable experience. Your feedback, support and recommendations go a long way it helping achieve our goals.
Mike Trudeau
Operations Support Manager
Stoney Creek Hospitality Corp.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

We had a very nice stay. My children loved the pool area. There was a microwave, fridge in the room, and we had no prolems with the internet in our room with our laptops. I really like the lodge decor. This hotel is located on the river and there a path you can walk along.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Stayed in two suites with 11 members of my familey and had a great time. Bunk-bed and Moose Suites were huge rooms for all of us. B-fast the next day was plentiful and tasty. Easy to go have a drink and get food with a number of nearby establishments.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2009

My son and family live 6 hours away and we don't see the grandchildren (4 and 2) very often, so decided to meet half-way between... Moline was that place. The kids love to swim, and we wanted someplace 'neat.' Stoney Creek was beyond our expectations! Decor is exceptional... so much to see and talk about with little ones... i.e., the moose above the front door. Pool area was like a lake in the woods with trail to the hot tub and the mural of bears in canoes on the wall... painting trees extending up from the posts was awesome... and the sky with geese overhead was breath-taking. Friendly staff... great breakfast... wonderful beds in exceptionally large rooms and very quiet, and walking distance to the Mississippi and great little shops in a restored area. Sidewalk fountains in plaza next to the Inn were fun for kids to play in... and we ate pizza at plaza tables. This was a four generation trip of seven people (ages 2 to 90) and we all had a wonderful time. Plan to meet at the Stoney Creek Inn in Galena next!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gogently
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Nothing but noise.
If you want to sleep at night DON'T STAY HERE!
Kids running up and down the halls all night, "adults" yelling at each other at 2:00 a.m. Calls to the front desk yielded no response.

The management here dosen't seem to care.

Stay here only if you have little kids and don't need any sleep.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank happygal007
stmaknight, Operations Support Maanger at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2009

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I have shared your feedback with the Management and Staff at the hotel and let me assure you they do sincerely care what happens to our guests and the experiences they have. Stoney Creek Inns strongly believes in a "People First" attitude and look to create a positive memorable experience. Thank you for your feedback as it will only help us improve what we do.
Mike Trudeau
Operations Support Manager
Stoney Creek Hospitality Corp.

Reviewed July 11, 2009

We arrived early and the front desk was very accomodating to us. She got the cleaning crew into our room so we could check in 3 hours early! Housekeeping cleaned our room right when asked! Very pleasant staff and beautiful hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline? Share your experiences!