“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Moline
Ankeny, Iowa
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This hotel was so wonderful. Very clean, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Good food in the bar and breakfast areas. Rooms were clean and spacious. We stayed 2 nights and housekeeping came in on second day and changed out our towels and made our bed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The entire hotel staff was very courtesy, kind and very helpful to our group. The hotel rooms were awesome. Everyone in our group commented on the size and cleanliness of the rooms.

The location is great. located right on the Mississippi river and in downtown Moline. The John Deere Pavilion and John Deere Store are 2 blocks away. The "Loop" ( a bus service) runs to all of the downtowns in the Quad Cities. (Moline, Rock Island, Davenport and Bettendorf.)

We had a great time and will probably host another event at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
chicago,Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have been utilizing this Hotel for the past 5 years for my business trips to Moline. They are so warm and very very hospitable. I love the location because after work , I can walk to Indigo Yoga studio or ride my bike along the river. I will continue to always use them as my main location for my business stays. We even had our corporate meeting there in 08 and everyone was very pleased with their rooms and service. They are my favorite of all the Hotels in Moline , Illinois.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 7, 2011

What a surprise to find such a memorable hotel in this location! EVERYTHING about it reflects soo much thought and attention to make you feel as though you are at a Northwoods log cabin lodge. This theme is carried down to every detail in the large, comfortable, clean room. And, this even includes the bathroom! The beds were also very comfortable. Ryne, the front desk attendant was most helpful and friendly. I will certainly recommend your Inn to everyone. I could hardly wait to get home and show the pictures to our grandchildren! This hotel is surely a hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mysugarpie
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My stay at Stoney Creek was very pleasant. The room was clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ankeny
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We came to town to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We had a wonderful time in Davenport & Moline. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated, loved the "at home" feel that the room offered. The staff was very helpful & attentive.

Room Tip: Ask about special deals
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mpluvr
Renton, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The song from the Disney cartoon Beauty and the Beast keeps running through my head when I walk through the hotel -- "I use antlers in all of my decorating..." The motif of the hotel is meant to be lodge like with rustic furniture, etc. It's a bit kitschy. There are so many confusing things about the fixtures and furniture in the room, like a bar with no cabinet underneath and a bathroom layout with next to no counter space. And worst of all, thin walls that makes conversations in adjoining rooms audible and annoying.

This may all sound like a bit of a backhanded compliment when I say that the hotel is spotlessly clean, and the staff is friendly, efficient and courteous, so I am torn on this one. Not a high recommendation, but not a total pan either.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
ConcernFixer, Director of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
CW,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate honest opinions and even “backhanded” compliments. While I apologize for the fact that you found a few things that didn’t meet your expectations, I both thank you and acknowledge the fact that our cleanliness and staff made a good enough impression that you still recommended us to future travelers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline? Share your experiences!