“Not americas best” 2 of 5 stars

America's Best Inn Moline
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Moline
“Not americas best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My boyfriend and i came up from galesburg just to get away. I should have stayed home! Walls were dirty the carpet was stained. I couldnt take a shower if i wanted to because the shower head is broke and the towels are no bigger than a dish rag!!
I did not feel safe and refused to sleep under the blankets. This place needs some serious renevation. I guess its true you get what you pay for. Ive never been a big fan of motels and im now turned off completly from them. Ive never been more uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank gabbyy89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

After our first room was flooded we settled for a room that stunk but was at least dry. The yellowed linens have clearly not been replaced in years and the whole place didn't feel safe. Junk everywhere outside - no breakfast. But you might wake up to a maid entering your room without knocking. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in, hands-down.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Mpmand
Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Rooms are very dirty. Sheets had holes in them and blankets had cigarette burns in a "no smoking" room that reeked of smoke. Mattress springs are broken and mattresses appear to be about 20 years old. Tiny sad towels, no shampoo. Hotel advertises a breakfast but does not provide anything. Pool had no water in it.
Do not stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank amerrobin
Lima, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Staff was clueless, required 3 trips to the front desk to clarify - complete billing and registration information. Confusion arose partially from the motels failure to honor Corporate Lodging Prices as per their contract. I ended up taking their regular price just to put an end to the frustration.
The advertising and info from the registration clerk indicates a continental breakfast. No food, and coffee was gone before 7:15 a.m.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank droadrunner
Bellmawr, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We went to quard cities for bussiness , It was good experience to stay there. Rooms were very neat and clean. And the management was always helpful in everything.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

If this is the best America has to offer - we need to start travelling in Canada or Mexico! Bad news, strange guests, dirty, young kids working the front desk, and a manager who will tell you lies to sneek you out of money! Seriously!

I arrived for a three night stay and checked in late the first night - rate $35.99 (AAA pricing). When I woke the next day I realized that the big sign out front said that a solo person room was $33.99 a night. I went and brought this to the manager's (Nathan Singh) attention and he told me that he would not refund the difference because there was a commission involved with the reservation. I told him that I booked the reservation on line with America's Best own web site - he told me that THE FRANCHISE charges a commission for reservations made on the Internet! I was charged $2 a night EXTRA because I booked directly with the hotel chain on line! I eventually called the corporate offices of America's Best Inns and spoke with a guy in the franchise department. The corporate offices told me that they DO NOT charge a commission fee for on line reservations and that the owner/manager was not correct in saying that. The manager of the facility basically lied to me in order to make an extra $2 a night off of my stay. How terrible is that!

The first room I got smelled as though there was a family of cats living there for months prior. It smelled BAD! I have severe allergies to cats - I didn't even last 20 minutes in the room and had to go to the front desk to request a new room (which was better). As I headed out the next morning I could see the hotel maintenance staff scrubbing and bleaching the room (they obviously knew there was a problem). As I sat in my truck I actually saw the manager walking out of that room carrying a grapefruit sized hairball in his hands! Very gross, to say the least. The room they gave me as a replacement was OK, and didn't have any odor problems (the carpet was cleaner, too).

They claim to have internet service - but it is terrible and sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't. It gets dropped ALL the time (and I was in the center of the building). Not a place to stay if your job requires Internet connections.

There are a lot of strange people who appear to live in this hotel, There was a VERY loud woman living there with two small dogs - her dogs would poop all over the exterior hallways and not get picked up. Her dogs would run wild throughout the parking lot (as well as into people's rooms) - and I saw her giving the dogs beer at one point!

The worst thing involved with the stay was a security issue. I arrived to the hotel for my final night's stay and found out that my key card wasn't working (may have demagnetized with my cell phone on accident). I went up to the front desk to get it recoded - and I was greeted by a young pre-teenaged girl who asked "are you looking for a room?" I was suprised to see this young (had to be 12-14 years old at best) girl working the front desk. I told her my key wasn't working - she took it, asked what room I was in, and recoded the key for my room number with no questions asked. Never checked my ID, never even asked my name - she just took the key and programmed it for my room. That was very disturbing to see how easy it was to get a key to someone else's room.

This used to be the old Motel 6 - the Motel 6 franchise looks like they moved to the building up the street (maybe to an old Hampton Inn building). I think I will make my plans to try and stay at the Motel 6 next time I am in Moline. I am determined to find a quality hotel under $50 in the quad cities area!!! There has to be one out there somewhere!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank FunnyFisher
Cambridge,UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

2 Minute drive from Moline / Quad Cities Int`l Airport,Cheap and Cheerful for a Nights stay. Breakfast,oh dear Tiny Pack of Cheap Donuts open in Lobby + Coffee but was really all I expected for under $40 !!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo