“Filthy and overrun by flies”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #77 of 161 Restaurants in Moline
Cuisines: American
Winnipeg, Canada
“Filthy and overrun by flies”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is by far the worst Denny's we have been in. The woman who seated us, don't know if she was the manager or just the hostess, but her clothes were filthy. Definitely not the first impression you want to give. The waitress was friendly and trying real hard. The kitchen was incredibly slow. We waited almost 40 minutes for an omelet, and sausage and eggs. My omelet was so spicy that I couldn't eat it, and although the waitress offered to have another one made for me, I declined when she said it would take another 20 minutes. This restaurant was clearly understaffed. According to the filthy manager/hostess, they had 300 customers in 3 hours, but for some reason didn't think to call more staff in. The restaurant was filthy, with dirt and grime everywhere, the carpet was covered with dropped food and the number of flies was scary. While my husband and I were sitting waiting for our order, two other tables sent food back to the kitchen. I felt sorry for the waitress, because she really tried hard to keep customers happy. As we were leaving, a family came in and was told by the hostess/manager that although there were lots of tables available the wait for food would be 45 minutes. Seriously?? We will never go there again.

Visited August 2012

Soke-on-Trent
“Very nice place for breakfast, next door to the Super8”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Love denny's for breakfast, very nice place and staff.

Visited May 2012
Hemet, California
“Very good”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

good food, friendly waitress, good location, close to motel, good parking

Visited April 2012
Dayton, OH
“Breakfast & dinner visits”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I visited Denny's several times during my 2 week stay in Moline. The food was essentially the same as other Denny's in other locations. Service was excellent and quick the first night, good and quick on the following morning and so-so (at best) and SLOW a few nights later. I'm not sure what the problem was since i had the same waitress on the first and third visits but, she asked me what i ordered twice and then still got it wrong. The other factor worth commenting was that although most of the food was hot when i received it, in 2 of 3 meals, 1 item was lukewarm or colder e.g. Brocolli or hash browns

All in all, the restaurant was ok.

• Visited April 2012
Waterloo, Illinois
“Fresh food is always better.....”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I ordered the Cheese fries. The first plate they brought out was very old. The fries were cold and hard. Yuck! They did redeem themselves with the second plate of fresh fries. Good service.

Visited April 2012

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!