“Great Indian food in Moline”

The Great Indian Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 166 Restaurants in Moline
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I went to the Great Indian Restaurant with my family for the lunch buffet. Everything was great! There were two soups (I chose the Mulligatawny). The samosas were fried to perfection. Their chutneys were wonderful. I recommend the coriander chutney. Loved the paneer as well as the potatoes. The chicken masala was also delicious. They brought out a big basket of naan for our table. Topped it all off with a little dish of rice pudding and some of the best gulab jamun I have ever tasted. The place was packed at 1:30 on a Saturday.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

For dinner, we ordered Chicken Biryani for to go and I was totally shocked to see how it looked like after we came home and opened it. Being an Indian, I know how Chicken biryani has to be. It was like tomato rice mixed with chicken pieces from buffet. We could still smell the uncooked chicken and had to throw the chicken pieces. Couldn't eat chicken even forcefully. So, one can imagine how it was.

Never try chicken biryani in this restaurant. I never saw biryani made with tomato. Horrible flavor for what we ordered/expected.

1  Thank MolineRes
Reviewed March 18, 2011

My favorite restaurant in the area. Lunch buffet is fantastic.

1  Thank IowaMV
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I frequent this restaurant and love it. To experience the full talent of this chef try the buffet. Excellent friendly service and the best Indian food I've encountered.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Always delicious, never disappointed, great value. Could use a little updating on the decor - but the food compensates for it.

Been to The Great Indian Restaurant? Share your experiences!