“Wretched!”
Review of Motel 6 Moline, IL

Motel 6 Moline, IL
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I recommend staying anywhere else, maybe even under a bridge abutment... The closet sized "non-smoking" room I booked smelled like an ashtray and all of the linens had cigarette burns. The list of failings is almost too long to detail here, but in the interest of helping others avoid a terrible experience I am going to try; the room featured such amenities as a jammed window, cobwebs, peeling wallpaper, a rusty & leaking shower that had a truly massive and disgusting hairball clogging the drain, expanded foam all around the toilet base and rust stained towels & washcloth that were very scratchy. Just in case that wasn't enough to scare you away, the breakfast on offer consisted of stale cereal and a milk dispenser that was leaky and battered, the power was turned on & off multiple times on the second day of my stay, the free wi-fi has a 0.1kbps download speed (one fifth the speed of good dial-up) and the walls were so thin and poorly insulated that I got to hear all of the adjoining rooms arguments, sex and TV shows. On the up side it was cheap and there were no vermin, the water was hot, TV worked and I wasn't robbed, but in my estimation these bonus items don't make up for all of the negatives!

Room Tip: choose a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
bmcrae, General Manager at Motel 6 Moline, IL, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Hello David W -

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Super 8 Moline.

It is our sincere goal to provide each and every guest with clean and comfortable accommodations. However, on occassion we fail to meet our goal and for this I apologize.

We aprreciate your business and hope you allow us the opportunity in the future to provide your hotel accommodations.

Brent McRae, General Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I booked my room via the Super 8 online site. When I arrived with my teenaged daughter at 1 in the morning, was told that the reservation only guaranteed "a" room, not necessarily "the" room that I reserved. So the nonsmoking room with two beds (that was confirmed on the reservation that I printed from the online statement) was now one bed in a smoking room.

The manager was very gracious and felt terrible about this. He had a full house and couldn't do much about it though. He did upgrade us to a queen bed in a jacuzzi suite. Of course, people only use jacuzzi suites for one purpose (note huge mirrors by jucuzzi), but we were too tired to care.

Entire facility smelled like tobacco. We weren't in Iowa anymore and apparently Illinois doesn't have a public smoking law like Iowa does.

"Breakfast" was some corn flakes and toast. Might have been a bowl of oranges too. Don't expect much for this price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

rooms smelled bad, air condition didn't work. You get what you paid for!! The beds were terrible, concerned if we didnt get bed bites! I woke up itchy! First thing we were greeted with a sink by the door, thought that was a little weird to put that there! Several police were gathered outside the hotel, someone got arrested for drugs! The rooms appeared to be cleaned just smelled bad!

Room Tip: spend $$ for a better room across the street!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I checked in for long-term for outage work at nearby Plant. The price was nice, but the kids running up and down the halls all hours of the night, doors slamming, loud TV’s you could here through the walls left you with very little rest. Rooms are in POOR shape and maid service didn’t replenish coffee packs or cups. After paying for a week in advance the manager wanted to refund me by sending me a check in the mail at a higher room rate, but after some discussion I was paid in cash the same as when I checked in. My advice would be if your staying long-term, find some other place. If you have kids, nice place – just let them run wild with the rest of them up and down the halls and they can PLAY in the fitness room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
bmcrae, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, IL, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Hello -

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet that goal and again we apologize.

We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to gain your business in the furture.

Staff & Management

Reviewed January 27, 2011

I was referred here by our local hall at a price of 49.95 when you can get it cheaper from Travelocity or Hotwire.49.95 was not a special rate when it was 26.45 or 32 from the other websites.I explained this to the manager Brent and he was not helpful.I was offered a manager rate that was still higher then the websites.I was then told to do a super8 price match well it wont work when you have no refunds from the other websites.So I guess 2 months of customer loyalty means nothing to you super8.Thank You my fellow workers and I will take our business elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dancewithjitters

Hello -

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here at the Super 8 Moline. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a positive experience. Unfortunately, on occassion we fail to meet this goal.

We hope you will allow us to gain your business in the future.

Once again, we apologize.

Staff & Management

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Stayed here for my last night in the USA before flying home, booked in advance and got the advance discount rate.

check-in no problems, only hampered by the guy in front of me who didnt seem to know what he wanted, the desk clerk was very patient with him.

Room was spotless and well-serviced, I think they must have spent some money on the motel recently, the fittings in the room looked new, very clean, everything worked perfectly. Bed very comortable and had a very good nights sleep. A nice touch there was a power outlet built into the base of the desk lamp for the lap-top, a real cool idea I think.

Good location, 20 yards to the Dennys next door so handy for eating out, the big shopping mall behind the motel can be walked to in 5 minutes, very much a up-market mall judging by the prices.Staff very freindly and helpful. wi-fi easy to connect to, a bit slow, but typical for a motel setup.

Overall very pleased with it and reccomend it to anyone.

john, Great Britain.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank john461212
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Do not stay at this hotel unless you like hair on your sheets and in your sink and bath tub. Very dirty rooms. Grungy! The continental breakfast area very dirty!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moline
La Quinta Inn Moline Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Moline – Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Days Inn & Suites Davenport East
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Fairfield Inn Moline
Fairfield Inn Moline
#10 of 16 in Moline

Been to Motel 6 Moline, IL? Share your experiences!