“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Montana Jacks

Montana Jacks
Ranked #12 of 158 Restaurants in Moline
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rock Island, Illinois
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great Place to have dinner, close to Hotels, Great Service, friendly atmosphere. Really good steaks,

Visited December 2013

Illinois
“Pricey for so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Food is ok, convenient if you're staying in one of the nearby hotels but it's expensive for food that's nothing special. Salad bar is small. Breadsticks were over-cooked and hard. Service was slow.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MsCheap1
Dallas, Texas
“Loud and expensive airport-area restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

There are many full service options in the immediate vicinity of the Quad Cities Airport. Montana Jack's is a expensive options, even for one person. The place was noisy and crowded the weeknight I was there. I decided to stick it out, had my dinner, and left as quickly as possible.

Between this and the Skyline, the airport could really use a better option (other than fast-food outlets).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Joe P
Sherrard IL
“NOT a good meal....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Husband & I arrived about 6pm Friday evening of Labor Day weekend and were told it would be a 25 - 30 min wait. We only waited about 10 minutes. THAT was about the end of the 'good' for us. Husband ordered prime rib and he said it was 'okay' but pricey. I ordered the fried chicken - 4 pieces for $12.95....seriously??? Waitress came back and said they were out of fried chicken. Hello....this was on FRIDAY NIGHT OF A THREE DAY WEEKEND.....AT 6 PM....NO FRIED CHICKEN!!! She asked what was my second choice. My answer was the prime rib sandwich. Although the menu clearly states no 'sandwiches are served on Friday or Saturday night between 5 - 9 pm....(weird) but the waitress said "No problem".

Went to the salad bar and it left a lot to be desired. Nothing was 'cold' and it was messy looking like it needed attention from wait or kitchen staff. Husband tried to open the lid over on the soup and the whole 'lid' fell into the soup!!! Nice, huh??? Skip the salad bar.....

When our food arrived, the fries with my sandwich were cold - I mean C-O-L-D. I didn't send them back...what's the point??? Sandwich meat was very dry and overcooked. I took it off the bun and ate about half the meat that way. We were given a coupon for $5 off on our next visit....that won't happen.

Décor is soooo dated. I first sat in a chair that sagged so badlythat when we returned from the salad bar, I changed seats at our table. The next chair was so wiggly I was not comfortable sitting there. While we were eating, another party came in and sat at another table. One of them came over and asked if they could switch out one of their chairs which was a mismatch of the rest of the chairs. They did switch it but they took the first one that I was uncomfortable with. Not too long after the other party sat in the sagging chair at their table...they switched it for another chair!! The décor is very dated and old looking. They need a visit from RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE....and VERY soon! There are far too many nice places with much better food in the QCA to spend your money at Montana Jacks.. Maybe it was just a bad night but we also saw another person at another table send her food back as well..... IF you go there...good luck but I won't repeat the experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dianne G
Pennsylvania
“Superb service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited by myself on a Tuesday evening. I asked for a booth I noticed was vacant near the bar, as I wanted room to read my Kindle while waiting.

I had an excellent server who kept my Diet Coke filled. I enjoyed a Calamari appetizer and a small steak for dinner. The food was all very good. If I lived nearby this would be the kind of place that would be fun to visit with friends.

While I was entitled to use the salad bar I didn't find much there that appealed to me and decided to get the appetizer instead. The Calamari was, for me, a better choice!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Montana Jacks? Share your experiences!