All reviews full kitchen front desk quiet location mon wed studio suite room was clean place to stay hotel is located sitting area sausage waffle maker upon check pleasant stay complimentary breakfast close to the airport john sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2018

This Residence Inn is about a mile off of the Interstate and quite near the Moline airport (but a bit hard to get to right now because of the construction on one of the highway interchanges -- just follow the clear detour signs) and thus very convenient (more so after this construction season ends).

The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was nutritious and satisfying. The room itself (actually a suite) is spacious and quiet, and the bed was very comfortable.

With the Marriott quality, this Inn is exactly what the traveler is looking for,

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Was very impressed with staff at this hotel. They were friendly and welcoming upon check in, had great recommendations for food delivery after a long day on the road. Later in the evening we unfortunately needed emergency medical care and both the front desk and maintenance employee were extremely helpful in giving us directions and very kind and concerned about my sons well being. The room was clean and spacious. We stayed in a studio suite and used both the bed and sofa bed. Both were comfortable and the room was quiet. Hotel is located near the highway and easy to find. Breakfast was good, plenty of choices.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel have been very nice to me and my wife, mostly. My wife travels to the IL Quad Cities once to twice a month for business I go with her sometimes. The hotel rooms have always been clean. The breakfast is the normal food you expect at a hotel morning breakfast. We stayed there a whole week once and they did change the sausage type and a different type of eggs though. One complaint I did have is that the computer you can use is in the hallway, between the front desk and the elevators. My issue with the computer was my wife tried to print some papers off for her business meeting the next day, she uses Google Docs and has had no trouble with this at any other hotel. She couldn’t even get to Google Docs on the computer. She called me down to help her and I couldn’t get it to work either. We went to the front desk and asked the staff about this and he stated that the computer was really only there for people to print off their boarding passes, and to check into flights. To a business person, that uses the hotel while on business and needs to print a couple of documents, that was not the most helpful answer he could have given. We do use the Marriott hotel chain a lot and the Holiday Inn chain. One thing to note, there is a lot of road construction being completed on a main road you have to use to get to the hotel. The hotel is a block and a half from the road so you don’t really notice while you are at the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival, everything seemed fine and the front desk was friendly.  We received our keys and proceeded to our room.  The door would not open so we went back to the front desk.  This occurred three more times before they sent maintenance up with us to see what was going on and the door was "offline".  When maintenance came up, we thought he was behind us to check the door but he stopped at a different room to address a different complaint as we stood there and waited another 10 mins.  It was probably 30 mins from check-in before we actually got into our room.  I'm also concerned about the onsite maintenance as I'm pretty sure he was intoxicated.  My boyfriend could smell alcohol on him as he talked to him and he ran into the wall twice.

The toilet in the room ran for 20 mins straight after flushing and the walls were so thin that every time a door closed in the hallway we heard it and our neighbors next to us. When we went to checkout the next day, there was no one at the desk and all office doors were closed.  No bell.  No phone.  No people.

Having stayed over 100 nights at Marriott in 2017, this is by far the worst hotel and unprofessional staff I have experienced.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank VIP7844
Christina G, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for multiple issues you experienced, please know this is not typical of our hotel. I will be sharing this information with the appropriate team for follow up. Again I am very sorry and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Well the reviews are correct about this place. It's hit or miss. I probably would have went three stars if it weren't for some significant problems.

First this place is located on the edge of the city off of John Deere Road. There is a lot of fast food within a couple miles.

Pulling up to the hotel it looks like a nice place. When I walked in to the lobby it looked nice, except there were a lot of burned out light bulbs which made me think this place lacked maintenance. It's not hard to change a light bulb.

The plus is that they have a government rate, but only on one size of rooms.

They look like they tried to freshen the place up and it fell short. The door to the room 114 looked like worn out paint. The room is spacious with a small kitchen. The carpet was worn and if you wear white socks they will soon be brown.

The bed is firm, but OK for sleeping. The pillows seamed OK, but I brought mine from home.

The first problem is the mechanicals or Air Conditioner. It's old and doesn't work. I like it cool when I sleep, like 64. No matter what you did it stayed 70 degrees. I set it to 60, nope. I put it in bypass mode and it got to 68 and quit. Well since we were in the back of the hotel we choose to open the windows which worked well.

The bathroom is like a hallway from the bedroom, with the closet and sink in one area. Then the toilet and shower tub in another room. The water pressure was very poor in the shower.

So now my main complaint. I woke up Saturday and turned on the TV. Perfect time to check the morning news. Well at 630 am the cable went out. I wasn't to concerned as I had to drop off my wife and figured it was weather it would come back on shortly. I came back at 8 am and no Direct TV. Since I was spending the whole day at the hotel I was hoping to enjoy a little TV. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone down. An hour later I called and the annoyed front desk clerk announced they were working on it. At 1130 the hotel repair man came and fooled around. He believed a board was bad in the TV room, but wanted to check the TV. He was having the Front Desk call in another repair person. At 230 still no TV. I called the front desk and the annoyed clerk said they are working on it and it's only three rooms that don't have cable. OK so how about we switch boards? Nope. OK can we switch rooms then? Nope they are working on it, maybe if they don't get it fixed. Well no TV and they don't have a room to switch with at 530. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Yeah Sunday morning still no TV. Absolutely p!ss poor customer service.

I didn't even call the front desk because I didn't want to annoy them anymore and I was leaving and I won't be back.

If you don't care about TV, like a worn out hotel, then this is the place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Kasie M
Christina G, General Manager at Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the multiple issues you experienced, I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure we address the issues mentioned. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity.