“Loud and unimpressive” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Loud and unimpressive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The atmosphere was nothing special. Very loud. The $20+ bottle of wine that we ordered came with a twist off cap (no cork) The service was just ok, but the waiter added his own 18% tip for a party of 6.

The bathrooms were very dirty and not well maintained. There was no toilet tissue in the stall and the stall door was broken and missing the coat hook.

While the food was good, overall this was a very disappointing experience. This restaurant appears to be more of a bar atmosphere than a steakhouse atmosphere. We will not return.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank smlbkl

Mokena, Illinois
“Neighborhood "Cheers" Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I Love this bar! We don't have a little neighborhood (adult) bar in Mokena, and I love stopping in here for a drink. It's not a big bar at all, about 12 or 15 seats, but I can stop by myself or with friends and feel right at home. A couple big screens are over the bar, so you can watch your favorite game, too. Jimmy is a great bartender and I enjoy this little tucked away pleasure. This bar closes early though; not a late night bar, but if I want craziness, I can walk a few steps over to the 191 bar. I have not tried the food yet at this Jenny's location.

• Visited October 2012
Mokena, Illinois
“Mother's Day Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I took my mother and the family there for mother's day. I had never been there before, but heard the food was excellent. Most of the restaurants in our area do not take reservations, so when I heard they did, I immediately called to see if they had one available, and I was luck enough that they had a cancellation. We all went not knowing what to expect, and all ordering something different from steak, to prime rib, to chicken, and everything was as good as the next. I would also like to say that my mother had a taste for prime rib, and that was one of the reasons I picked this place. She said the prime rib was fantastic. The place was packed, but the service was impeccable. For the most busiest day of the year for going out to eat, this restaurant was a definitely a keeper. I would recommend it for any occasion.

• Visited May 2012