“Super Sunday lunch!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited today for lunch. The price for main course was 7.95 this included two generous slices of roast beef, 3 veg, 2 creamed potatoes and one roasted. I did have to ask for the Yorkshire pudding which they had forgotten. The food was hot and tasty, although I do hate when they use a basic gravy mix instead of making a really yummy gravy using the meat juices. I ordered the sticky toffee pudding for dessert, it was amazing!!!! Beautiful generously sized pudding, homemade custard and ice cream delicious. Would I recommend this place, yes absolutely.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I went to the Thatch for Sunday Lunch last Sunday after booking by telephone. We were greeted on arrival by the waiter who showed us to our table and made us feel very welcome.He gave us the menu which was very extensive with plenty of choice.We choose starters and the main course which was served very promptly and was piping hot.The portions were very generous and the roast beef was delicious. We were then tempted to choose sweets from another very good menu and these were followed by tea and a nicely presented biscuit.

Although the restaurant was extremely busy the service was excellent and all the staff were attentive, efficient and very friendly.

A truly enjoyable experience!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly local bar serving great good value basic meals. Do a decent pint of Guinness and my only gripe would be a revamp of the menu which works well but hasn't been changed as long as I can remember but as they say "if its not broken don't fix it". Good atmosphere and never any trouble due to sensible regular local punters .

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

First time stopping for a meal in.Broughshane and loved this bar. Despite it being a busy Saturday afternoon the service was very quick. My husband ordered the burger and I had the open prawn sandwich. Food was delicious and of good quality. Good portion sizes too. Lovely atmosphere and good value. Also offer children's meals.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have ate here before and found it mostly rather good but have been left very disappointed by our latest visit. The restaurant was rather busy when we entered yet the service started out quite quick and attentive. Our mains came out quickly and was delicious and by the time we were finished them the restaurant had quietened down a bit, yet for some reason at this point we seemed to be completely forgotten about!

After we finished our main we sat for 45 minutes without a single person coming over to clear our table, even when we tried to get one of the staffs attention we seemed to get ignored. My boyfriend had to go up to the bar to ask for a desert menu himself and tell them to get someone to clear our table as we had sat for so long, even then it took 15 mins before someone came over.
We ordered desert and a liqueur coffee, it seemed we got forgotten about again because it was another good 10/15 mins before it eventually came but the coffee had been forgotten about too! At this stage we weren't too bothered about getting it because the whole meal had just been ruined, but suddenly a woman appeared with it saying "oh sorry were really busy"... The restaurant was half empty at this point. The coffee didn't even get drank because it just did not taste like it should have so we decided to leave.

On going up to the bar to pay we said to the woman that we were very disappointed with the service tonight and being just left waiting for so long, only to get a shocked look in return and "oh sorry it's just been really busy tonight" once again! So with that we left and I doubt ill be back in a hurry for a long time after this very disappointing experience.

No matter how busy a restaurant is a table should not be left for 45 mins without being cleared after your main, but what made it so disappointing and annoying was that every table we could see got served quickly and people were in, served, and gone again while we just got left in the corner and completely ignored and forgotten!!
Don't get me wrong, the food is delicious and the restaurant is nice inside, it's just such a shame that this terrible experience of service had just ruined it for us completely now.

1  Thank Pluginbaby2112