“WEDDING”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Glenariffe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Knowing how very good the restaurant was and getting to know Gary the owner and his sterling service, we decided to have our wedding there. It was just the day we had wished for, with Gary and his so helpful staff making it very special indeed. From start to finish all of our eighty or so guests saying one of the best occasions they ever attended! Why not visit and see for yourself and be treated to top class food which is only equaled by the service!

1  Thank Robert Thomas W
There are newer reviews for Laragh Lodge

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My sister booked her wedding here for August 2013, and it exceeded all expectations. With the run up to the wedding we were frequent visitors to have chats with the owner Gary, but really we didn't need much of an excuse to visit again, either for a coffee, soup and a sandwich, or an evening meal with a few drinks!

My sister and bother-in-law had in mind a cozy wedding, with a querky, outdoorsy family feel which was certainly achieved. With nothing being too much hassle, and anything we were thinking of would have been made possible by Gary, Monica and their team.

Since then we have had a few meals, including a birthday party down in Laragh Lodge and every time we have had a warm welcome and made to feel right at home.

Highly recommended!!!!

3  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Myself, husband and four children had a great dining experience, from start to finish. The welcome and detail the staff gave us was superb. My children can be fussy eaters but each one left a clean plate. All dinners were presented well and the taste was delicious. The décor added to the dining experience as it kept the children amused and interested in things of the past. This place is a real gem hidden in the Glens of Antrim and does not get the credit it so deserves.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Oddly my initial review has been removed. So I shall try again to spare the reader a truly abysmal dining experience. We visited Laragh Lodge for some food last week after a walk in Glenariffe. The coffees were hideous. The scone I ordered had the texture of a hockey puck and my sons chips looked like they hadn't actually been cooked yet. Add to this a bowl of salty water masquerading as soup and an eye watering bill of over £20 for this and you have THE WORST dining experience we've had. On mentioning this all to the proprietor there was no apology or offer to refund us some of the money. This is a truly dreadful place and I haven't even mentioned the cheap interior décor. Euck.

1  Thank lesley w
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After a long day of traveling, we had an extremely delicious dinner here. We walked from nearby Dieskirts B+B and arrived starving. We had the beef and Guinness pie, and the leek sausages, both of which were outstanding! Gary was even kind enough to give us a ride back to Dieskirts so we didn't have to walk in the dark. Laragh Lodge is immaculately clean, warm and cozy with huge portions of delicious food and a stunning location. It was my favorite meal of my entire Ireland trip!