“Excellent Food, But Wonderful People!”
Review of Laragh Lodge

Laragh Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Glenariffe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I and anoher couple were driving through the lovely Glens of Antrim, in a rental car on an "independent" outing from our cruise ship, which was docked in Belfast, when our tire literally disintegrated on a rural road near Glenariffe. A carload of gracious folks picked us up and took us to the Laragh Lodge Restaurant to wait for assistance and have lunch. The general manager, Gary O'Loughlin immediately made us comfortable and assisted us as much as possible in getting our tire repaired so we could return to the port in time to baord our ship. We had a lovely lunch, including some of the best fish and chips I've ever eaten, in delightful surroundings. The other entrees were excellent and the service was exceptional.

When it became apparent that the rental car company would not be able to repair our tire in time for us to drive to the port, Gary insisted on driving we four all the way to Belfast airport (about an hour away), waited for us to sort out the rental car fiasco and then sped us to the port where we just made it up the gangway before the ship sailed. Gary refused to accept any compensation and was wonderful company to us through the entire experience.

This could have been a terrible experience for us, but thanks to Gary and the staff at The Laragh Lodge, it will be one of the fondest memories of out trip to Ireland. We can wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant, but would suggest you get there some way other than our approach!

3  Thank Joe M
There are newer reviews for Laragh Lodge

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

After a walk through the country park, its a lovely find at the bottom of the forest park.food is great and well priced, staff extremely helpful, and most importantly the only pint for miles, which id well earned after all the walking. A reward at the bottom of the waterfall. I will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Having walked the forest trail to see the waterfall, we stopped at the Lodge for coffee and cake. We were amazed that the Owner offered to drive us back up to the main car park - this was a regular occurrence apparently to those customers who found themselves slightly over-extended on the exercise front!! Outstanding hospitality.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The 5* isn't really for the food although the scones and coffee w had were perfectly nice.. We had walked down from the Country Park which is quite a long steep path to see the waterfalls. We knew one was closed to the public. The other one was a bit disappointing to be honest. I told the family they should have a drink at Laragh Lodge and I would go back for the car. The owner heard me say this and insisted that he drive me back up to my car to save me the long walk.5* hospitality

To cap it, he told me that whilst the path to the better waterfall was closed by NT, it was perfectly passable. We climbed the gate the NT had put up and walked up a charming valley to the better waterfall.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

we had a fantastic birthday party here, the staff are very pleasant, amenable and helpful and the atmosphere is extremely relaxed. it is not too big so it feels quite intimate and the party was a great success.