“Could easily do better”

Old Station Hotel
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Station Hotel has had a full Refurbishment and re-opened on December 09th 2013. Our Menu's include a variety of different dishes and don't forget to check out our Chef's Specials board. All our food is sourced locally and prepared fresh on the premises. We are family friendly and can cater for a bite to eat or an evening meal. We serve food all day every day and look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Early evening midweek visit, my wife and I went to eat. Struck by the cleanliness of the place and the tasteful decor and furniture. The menu was good but let down by the food itself. 'Chunky chips', sounds great but, in fact, they were soggy and greasy. My Steak looked the business but turned out to be thin and overcooked. Staff not to be seen after we'd got our meals and so we left after we ate what we could. Just a few small tweeks could sort this out. Pity.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came to visit on last Saturday afternoon. After spending some time contemplating what to have from the wide selection of food, we had both chosen curry. When I asked the very friendly catering manager she advised the curry of the day was "korma". I don't usually like korma but she explained how it wasn't a usual korma and she could request the chef to spice it up a bit. When the food came it was delicious. Everything was freshly cooked! We would definitely recommend the food and the venue. All the staff were polite and welcoming. A great experience!!!!

3  Thank girl_about_town88
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum recently popped in for a drink before hitting the cinema and what a surprise, what was once a dark and dingy pub with alright food is now a bright and cherful place to go. With bubbly and friendly staff, its clean and tidy resturant its a very cool place to go. We wernt eating but checked out the menu and got tempted by the sharing platter £8.95 for 2 fish fingers, chicken goujons, garlic bread, nachos, onion rings all homemade and fresh but to finish off where ribs in chefs homemade sauce - melt in the mouth. You must try these. I dont even like ribs but would go back for these. The menu is outstanding and cheap too. Everyone should give this place a try its not a fancy restutant but good food and a good price = good experience suitable for everyone family, friends and kids. I was assured all food is now locally sourced and fresh. Good luck to the new owners.

1  Thank cen21
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We went to 'the killer' on a friends recommendation, after previous visits before the refurbishment we weren't expecting much. However the interior has improved vastly as has the food. Service was good and although we waited around 30 minutes for our food it was well worth it. The steak & ale pie went down a treat with my husband and the homemade Thai curry with homemade chips was a good choice by myself. The children's meals were homemade also rather than the usual processed food children are offered.
We'll be visiting again soon & have already recommended the place to friends & family.

1  Thank Bobbyjamie
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was truly amazing and if you are in this area then go and check if our and the refers is superb and it gives the place a nice look