“very good motel and good people running it”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed at motel 6 meropolis illinois on labor day weekend..our room was clean and didn't smell bad at all..the room was bigger than i thought it would be and we had fridge and mircowave in room...we stayed at hampton inn in corydon indiana in august and paid almost 3 times as much..for the price this motel was as good as our luxury room there...for about a third of the price..as we attend my husband's family reunion every year we will stay here.......thanks for a great traveling experience.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 226 and my husband smoked but the room was clean great...............
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ceecee1953

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I dont think you can beat a 49 dollar room for two people and a dog. Rooms are bigger than expected. Beds are comfortable, clean and sheets are pretty soft. And theres an indoor pool. Theres a few resturants very close by and the casino is only a 9 minute drive

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MICHAEL M
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to go to this Motel 6 for a little getaway Sunday and Monday. We had room 203 and I have to say, it was lovely. The man who got us situated was very pleasant, helpful, and friendly. I called an hour or two earlier to ask about their pool and the lady I talked to said that it was opened. Well, we got there and it wasn't. The man who checked us in went ahead and called his manager, had her come up to the hotel, and unlock the pool just for us at 8pm. Ontop of that, the room itself was nice, the beds(to us, at least) were comfortable, the TV had a pretty good picture, and it was quiet the entire time. I had a wonderful nights sleep and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's in the area, but doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money to stay for a night or two and wants quality service.

Room Tip: Not sure about the lower level, but rooms on the second floor are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blairbug1
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for a scuba training weekend. All we really needed it for was a bed.
It had a crappy bed and a loud air conditioner, but it was ok.
The room was a bit musty and not in great condition.
I'll admit we probably didn't help anything when we brought in our wet scuba stuff overnight. i suspect that's why a lot of the rooms may be musty.

On the second day there we were welcomed to a post it note on the door explaining there was no room service available that day. We should contact the front desk if we needed anything. This was bad because: A. (obviously) No room service. B. It was apparent we hadn't been to our room all day, and anyone in the hotel could see that. So it was kind of a security/personal security issue.
It would of been more appropriate to slip the note under the door.

Random things:
We had no tissues.
There was trash left over from previous guests in the bathroom.
Shower had good hot water and decent pressure.
The hallways reeked of smoke.
The pool seemed nice, but we didn't go in.

Still, the price is right and expectations are low, so we'll probably stay here again next scuba trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThePelikans
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have a fear of bed bugs and every time we go on vacation I stripe the beds down to make sure there are any and we got our room at about midnight on a Tuesday and the first thing I do is go to the bed to check I pulled the comforter back and 2 ran under the sheets I told my husband andcthe other couple with us i wasn't staying here and at first they didn't believe me till my husband pulled back the sheets and seen them for his self ..... After going thru are belongs to make sure we didn't bring any out we got our money back and left .... I recommend checking the beds in all hotels before getting cozy. If you don't know what they look like its a beattle like bug similar to cock roaches ... Google bed bugs and check out images .... You'll save $ by not bringing them to your home ....

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Baileyeliene31
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Called to make a reservation, spoke with Tabeatha, she was very helpful and booked us into a nice nonsmoking room. When we arrived the room turned out to be a larger room than we expected. The room was great except the carpet needed a good cleaning. The bathroom was clean. My wife and I were pleased with the room and would return and stay here again. The girls and wife enjoyed the pool, it turned out to be indoors. Traveled with kids aged from 18, 11, 3, 1.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bbqkeith48
Reviewed February 28, 2012

As stated in earlier review, "You get what you pay for". The rooms were dirty- with piles of dust & muck along the edges of the carpet. Made the mistake of turning on the heater and smelled like we started a fire. Bathroom was dirty with mold in the shower & shower curtain. Bed sheets were too small and came off to expose the mattress. Card keys did not work well and had to be reset each time we returned to the hotel. Maid did not come to the room until the 3rd night of our stay- after multiple complaints. Had to empty or own garbage and go to front desk for towels. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the room before you pay :-)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
6 mi away
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#18 of 28 in Paducah

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!