“Good breakfast, beds could have been better”

Holiday Inn Express Metropolis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
Tennessee
“Good breakfast, beds could have been better”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

The hotel was clean and looked newly redecorated The breakfast in the morning was good, esp the hot cinnimon rolls. Our room was a king bed which wasnt a pillow top, so wasnt the most comfortable but will do. The bathroom was a little small, but they did have an extra sink outside the bathroom which was handy.
For a better bed I would go to Hampton Inn or Hilton in Paducah but this worked fine for one night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 27, 2010

During a cross-country move, we found it difficult to find pet-friendly places that would allow our four dogs and one cat. We were pleasantly surprised that Holiday Inn has such a liberal pet policy! The only real drawback to this one is the location; it's at the dead-end of a road that literally is nowhere. It's 5 miles to the town, and this little strip seems to cater to truckers. Having said that, it was still a great place to stay! Roomy parking both in the lot and on the street (we had a 17' U-Haul towing a car on a dolly). There was no specific dog run but lots of grassy area around the back made for some nice play space for the dogs. The room itself was spacious and comfortable, everything worked properly, and the bed was super comfy. My only complaint at all was that room service was poor. The kitchen was due to close in about 20 minutes but they said they filled orders right up until then. Don't know if that's why, but our order was missing two items and one item was completely wrong. By the time it arrived, we were famished and the kitchen was closed anyway, so we ate it. The food was decent but I would not necessarily eat in their restaurant, given a choice. Still, this was a good stopping place and I can recommend it with only that one caveat. P.S. - we were supposed to go into town the next day and see all the Superman stuff. We chose to hit the road instead.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wolfwoman1st
Westmont, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2010

You might say I am an unusual bride as I camped at our wedding location for our wedding. But not all of our guests wanted to do that so we found this hotel as an option for those guests. Everyone of them was very happy with their stay the entire weekend.

I did get ready at the hotel the morning of the wedding and found everything very nice myself. And the rooms are roomy. At one point mysides myself and my giant dress we had my parents, two bridesmaids, my hair and makeup girl, the photographer, two friends and a groomsmen in the room and we didn't feel squished. There may have even been more people, but I can't remember.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in that area. If you are travelling through, it is very convenient from the highway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My wife and I were recent overnight guests. We picked this inn over others based in part on TripAdvisor reviews and were happy with the location, price, cleanliness, and amenities of this motel. The room was clean, comfortable, and it did its job - providing us with a good nights rest. Breakfast was OK - pre-cooked omelettes, biscuits, gravy, juice, etc. There's not much to do in Metropolis, so, be comfortable when you stay and keep this motel in your consideration. Hotel clerk recommended nearby El Tequila restaurant for good Mexican fare; we tried it and loved it, so do give this establishment in mind for a visit as well if you like good Mexican food.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharDave
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This hotel isn't really close to any major attractions but is quiet and near the interstate so you can find restaurants by driving back into Paducah, KY. We arrived late afternoon and our only complaint was that the pool was in need of cleaning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I often travel to the Paducah Kentucky area on business and that is when I discovered this hotel. It is about 10 miles from Paducah but the rooms are a much better value. I'm not sure why but every hotel in Paducah seems to be 25% or more that this one.

The rooms are nice size and clean. The breakfast is typical hotel carbs and coffee.

There is a gas station on the same service road as the hotel so you can gas up in the morning before you head out.

Not a 5 star hotel but a nice value for under $100.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Blue Island, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This has to be one of the most depressing trips we have had. First we check in to a room that is already payed for though priceline.com from my credit card, therefore I feel helpless about just going to one of the other hotels in the vicinity. The first room on the second floor smelled like raw sewerage. so we went to the counter and they said they would send someone to look into it. We were going out for the evening and did not feel safe leaving things in the room with no room safe. so we went back to the room and it seemed to smell worse. We went right back down and asked for another room, they gave us a room on the 3 floor and didn't realize untill we got home the next night that it was infested with tiny ants. neither of could sleep well thinking we were sleeping with ants crawling on us. I don't think you could pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank badtrip10

Travelers are raving about these Metropolis hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
Comfort Inn Paducah
Comfort Inn Paducah
#13 of 29 in Paducah
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Metropolis? Share your experiences!