Holiday Inn Express Metropolis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$45
$51
Harrah's Metropolis(Metropolis)(Great Value!)
$42
Quality Inn & Suites(Metropolis)(Great Value!)
$59
$57
Travelocity
America's Best Value Inn Paducah(Paducah)(Great Value!)
$64
$59
Comfort Inn Paducah(Paducah)(Great Value!)
$103
$86
Orbitz.com
$64
TripAdvisor
$55
$99
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanyoung man at the front deskthe pool area was nicefree hot breakfastbathroom doorcinnamon rollsyogurtquiet locationgreat showerking suitemini fridgea nice place to staystayed here for one nightsuperman museumbiscuits and gravynice breakfastwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Although we enjoyed our time in the town of Metropolis, the Holiday Inn Express was very underwhelming. Ladybugs (about eight total) in our 3rd floor room, hallway smelled strongly of smoke and one front desk clerk in particular was not very friendly. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are on 3rd floor and it's not a good mix. Also the pool/fitness area was under construction. WIFI is advertised but very weak signal and very old computer on the first floor for guests to use. Breakfast was decent. I don't plan to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank marti2
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This place is good. We picked it because we needed a place to stay outside of Nashville and thought the Superman appeal would be fun. I read all the Trip Advisor reports on the other hotels available in the area and this one had the best appeal. The hotel is clean and the staff is pleasant, however we could hear everything from the floor above us. Not much in the way in soundproofing. The beds were very stiff. Getting dinner was a bit of a chore. There is the usual fast food choices but not anything else if you have children. As mentioned by a couple of others, children are not allowed in the Harrah’s casino restaurants. We ordered from Pizza Hut and had them deliver. For us it was better than having to drive back into Metropolis and dine at the local Taco Bell. The one upside of the hotel is that their ho Continental breakfast in morning was pretty decent. That helped us get a quick start on our way to Nashville in the AM. No fault of the Holiday Inn, but next time we will probably drive straight through…the area is just not that appealing. Oh Yes, Our daughter loved the Indoor Pool. We found it to be a bit chilly. We are from Florida though!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TheresaLC776
Reviewed October 7, 2009

The room at first looks clean, then we found an ant on one bed. Thinking it just crawled on somebody from outside and fell off we were going to let it go. Then later on when I was just about asleep I found one crawling on me, different bed. Then we really searched the room, lifting sheets and mattresses...alot of the undersheets were stained and there was some garbage under one mattress. We were too tired and it was too late to change rooms so we put up with it and didnt get any sleep. We got out of there as soon as we could in the morning and of course I told the front desk clerk about the ants. She acted like it was no big deal and as if it happens all the time, told me she could give me a 15% discount, which I think is nowhere near enough for putting up with bugs. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank bentbeam
Reviewed November 8, 2008

First of all the staff was excellent. I have never been greeted so many times at a hotel. The General Manager even took the time to ask me how my room was and made friendly conversation. And I was more than pleased with my room. It was clean, and I'm a very picky person. The carpet was brand new...and I loved the bedding!
Over all it was a great experience! And I can't forget that amazing HOT breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank katiekat1988
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This was a great hotel for the person who is looking for a great place to spend the night while traveling. For the price of the room, the accomodations could not have been better. It had an excellent breakfast. The room was comfortable and clean. the only draw back about this hotel is that it is of a barren interstate exit with no places to eat. Fortunately, Paducah, KY is just a few miles down the road with plenty of places to get a bit to eat. Because this hotel is a bit out of the way, the rate is cheaper. I would recomend tis hotel. Geat Value!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank GSU1EAGLES