“Met the need”

Holiday Inn Express Metropolis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were in town to attend a wedding the staff was curteous and helpful. We will stay here again if the need arises. The hotel sits back in a corner. We drove past the entrance from the direction we were coming and had to turn back. This was not an issue at all as traffic was light. Better signage would be helpful. Once we located the propoerty there were no further issues. The town is small so this hotel is close to everything and interstate access is close at hand.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room which faced the front and toward the interstate. No perceived highway noi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Metropolis

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while traveling back from Tennessee on business. Everything was in order: the room was clean and ready. To be fair, I only needed one night so I didn't have much time to experience any of the benefits or otherwise. I was promptly offered my complementary Gold Membership water. This hotel seems to operate as a second choice due to its location, however I had no issues. You cannot hold the staff accountable for the city they operate within or around (e.g. Metropolis, Paducah). If I was staying around for more than one or two days I might look elsewhere only for the lack of supporting business and attractions - not the hotel itself.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Even though I'm a Priority Club Member, I was not given a water bottle or snack. I did ask for it later. Host keyed in wrong room #, returned to desk after carrying luggage to second floor. I asked for a room on the ground level. Left hotel to get dinner, brought it back to the room only to find out the TV in my room did not work. Host attempted for 20 minutes to fix but never offered to change my room. I had to suggest it. By the time I changed rooms, my dinner was cold and I had missed the news and some Olympic events. Fell asleep with clothes on and woke to ants crawling on my jacket. Moved the cover and saw ants on the fitted sheet. At 1:30 a.m. I went to the desk to be moved to another room. Host had to call manager to approve my not paying for the night. In my 4th room there was no soap, only shampoo. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Susan L,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Metropolis. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here driving through on my home from Georgia. The property wasn't a dump or anything, BUT had a couple of problems that nagged at me.

Vending machine: a) virtually empty b) what was in there was melted and disgusting....I know it's hot outside, but it was gross guys.

Breakfast: a) out of pancakes in the pancake machine. Lady didn't seem too in a hurry to refill it. b) Out of bacon. c) biscuits were hard as a rock. d) pastry was DISGUSTING.

Decided to pay and eat at the Huddle House down the street.

Front desk guy was friendly when we checked in (around 9pm). Day staff was...not the nicest. Could have been a bad day. Don't want to pass too much judgement.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Jeff V,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you mentioned the excellent check in process. I was disappointed to read you did not enjoy our breakfast options and regret the poor service you received. Your comments are valuable to us and help us make possible modifications so to better accommodate our guests in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because the Harrah's had overbooked and they instead made us a reservation at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I think they are very good because they have to deal with many unhappy people who are being scammed by Harrah's. Very pleasant staff who go out of their way to make customers comfortable. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

All the usual perks that you expect when staying in HI Express. It's nothing special, but quite clean, very nice pool area, quiet and clean room, and tasty breakfast. Very reasonably priced for what you receive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We spent one night here returning from a tiring trip house hunting and it was a very pleasant surprise to find this friendly, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in such a small town. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was pleasant and clean. The breaksfast was OK and the exercise room was small, but had good quality equipment. It is very convenient to the freeway. Definitely recommend. But do not use the word "super" to any of the staff, as they have heard all of the jokes-this is the official home of Superman after all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Harrah's Metropolis
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Metropolis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah
Auburn Place Hotels and Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Metropolis? Share your experiences!