“Harrah's Metropolis, IL”

Harrah's Metropolis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our reswervation said that we had a non-smoking room with two queen beds, however, when I called the day before arriving, i was told that the reservation was for a king smoking. They said they would correct it. When we arrived the room was non-smoking, bed the beds were small full size beds. Since I was here with my adult son & daughter, sharing a bed with my daughter I would have preferred the larger queen size bed, although the beds were very comfortable. Another problem was that when ever we were in the hallways or lobby of the hotel it was so freaken' cold you had to wear a jacket inside. Temperature reading on a thermostat in the hall on our floor read 69 the entire time we were there, it was very uncomfortable. It should not have been below 72, they are wasting a lot of money on AC. I asked the front desk why they had it so cold and was told they could not do anything about it. Otherwise, the room was large and clean and the service was very good.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or pool at this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Blake J, Social Media Coordinator at Harrah's Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We do our best to accommodate all requests. All of our double rooms are Double beds. Thank you very much for pointing out the temp issues. I will personally look into that and as it needs to be rectified as soon as possible. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We are glad you found the rest of your stay comfortable!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently visited the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY-which is just across the river from Metropolis. I made the trip from St. Louis and felt that the trip was more than I wanted to do in just one day and I would need a place to stay overnight. I was not finding a place I wanted to stay in Paducah. I happened to see that there was a casino just across the river in Metropolis. It was 14 minutes to Harrah's vs 9 minutes to Paducah hotels. I paid $38 ($48 with tax!) to stay at Harrah's vs $90+ in Paducah. The hotel was very nice and not connected to the casino. I went to the casino to eat dinner-what was nice you was you didn't have to go through the casino to eat. This hotel was far nicer than anything I would have stayed at in Paducah .
I was traveling alone and felt safe in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Blake J, Social Media Coordinator at Harrah's Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate it! We are very pleased to hear you had a nice stay and enjoyed the hotel, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip home from Colorado. The town is very cute, and the hotel was very clean and well kept. The room had a nice view of the river, and had everything we could need for a short stay over. The casino, however, was just a little too run-down for my taste. The slots were pretty loose, but we did not stay long because I could not take the smell of the river water from the boat. Overall, I would stay again for an overnight trip, but would really like to see them upgrade the casino.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank b r
Blake J, Social Media Coordinator at Harrah's Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are glad you found the hotel accommodating and you enjoyed your view of the Ohio River. We apologize for your experience in the casino. With the constant change in water level, the smell of river does become occasionally noticeable. You might be pleased to hear that we are beginning construction on our new casino very soon. It will adjoin the hotel, and should alleviate that issue in the future, as well as introduce a brand new look. We are very excited about it and hope it will provide you with a reason to visit us again!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

These beds are the best I have ever slept in. OMG. I would drive back just to sleep there. Quite, super clean, spacious rooms. A bathtub to soak up to your neck. Separate room for the toilet was rather nice. Refrigerator, large tv, closet, coffee maker, table and chairs, night stands with lamps. But, again the best, softest, most comfortable beds EVER. Our double room had three pillows each to boot!!!.
The Steakhouse decor is amazing. The service wonderful and cheerful, the food divine.

Room Tip: We over looked the parking lot, but many over look the river which would be a fabulous view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SailinggirlMinnesota

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate the kind words and are pleased to hear you had such a nice and comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is still one of your original boats but its soon to be gone and going to be a casino which I think has potential to be very nice.We really enjoy coming to this area it's quite a drive for us but there's lots of nice places to eat and a little bit of shopping in Paducah but we are just so tired of checking into this hotel and never knowing what kind of room we're going to get there's usually 3 or 4 of us every time we come and we're always given a king room smoking...Why do they even ask us with reservations what kind of room we request if they're going to give us whatever they want?? also how does three or four people sleep in a king bed well let me tell you it's not very comfortable considering they just have one chair there rooms are so smoky it's just not healthy!I have asthma and I always request a non-smoking room and they just don't seem to care..This last visit we spoke with a gentleman names JARED so very rude made us so Un welcomebasically told us the early bird gets the worm on getting the room you want. .So show up there at noon if you want to get the room you want

Room Tip: Arrive early for check in
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank gwgw98
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Happened to see a good rate on hotels.com so booked the room. Very clean and pretty, ate in steakhouse - very good, safe area - had a room looking at the Ohio River. Very quiet. What a great find and fun to see the lifesized statue of Superman in the town square. Who knew! Beds were super super comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Azbylut
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend in April 2014. It was a great change from Tunica. Harrah's is a one casino wonder here (there is no competition). They do a great job. Super clean, friendly, and a good price. Across the Ohio river is Paducah Kentucky. It's a neat place to visit and check out the places there too. I normally go to tunica and I was wanting a little change for a weekend and I was happy I made the extra 2 hours to see new states and towns I have never been too. Give it a try.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ferfjey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
#5 of 6 in Metropolis
Drury Inn Paducah
Drury Inn Paducah
#5 of 29 in Paducah

Been to Harrah's Metropolis? Share your experiences!