“Friendly, Competent, Professional Front Desk Personnel”

Harrah's Metropolis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kentucky
“Friendly, Competent, Professional Front Desk Personnel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Father's Day weekend I was at Harrah's for a school reunion. I arrived late, around 10:30PM and I was exhausted. I was greeted immediately by smiling faces from the front desk. I requested assistance with getting my luggage from the car and help arrived within a few minutes. She also familiarized me with the location of things in the room. I also utilized the valet parking. My room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach, SC and I am extremely happy that we did. Our room was just to my picky preferences. The bathroom was large, the bedroom was spacious, the curtains blocked out 98% of the outside light, and I was able to change the temperature on the thermostat so that I could sleep in the comfortable cold. I highly recommend this hotel. The only downside is that their breakfast buffet is expensive. I'm a tiny person and buffets have always been wasted on me.

Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Harrah's metropolis with my pooch. We were given a pet room on the second floor. Also received a doggie bag for the pooch. Vet nice touch!

First let me say the front staff, valet and concierge staff is very friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone with the dog and had my hands full...they were all a great help. Very friendly and by far the best asset this property has.

The room was a nice size, good bed, great bathroom. Large soaking tub...wish I brought bubble bath.

The carpet was very worn in places. I'm not sure if this was because of pets or not.

I did not have a view of the river, so I would suggest requesting a higher floor.

Biggest negative was the lack of any room service. With their policy of no pets to be left alone, this was a huge problem. Plus, it's nice to

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having been here 2 times with a wonderful experience, I had booked a room in advance (30 days to be exact) for my girlfriend's birthday. We had 2 friends that had booked rooms as well. Upon arrival, our friends were told they had free rooms at the local Super 8 (2 or so miles away). When we arrived, we were told the same thing. So - I booked a room at the casino with a credit card about one month in advance - only to be told I had a room at the local Super 8. I didn't use my card to reserve a room at the Super 8 - but that seemed of no significance to the staff since they were "overbooked." I sent a lengthy, very unpappy email expressing my thoughts to management that has yet (book date was 8/17/13) to be answered. Obviously, this place caters to the people that spend the most money and choose not to respond to loyal customers who like the experience even though we aren't in the position to be "high rollers." Bad customer service - I wont' be back.

Room Tip: Don't count on your credit card secured reservation being honored.
5 Thank Ron B
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as I was conducting some business in Paducah. The rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable, and it was very affordable. The staff was very nice, and willing to help in any way.

Room Tip: If you want a nice view, choose a "river view."
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stafford, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The front desk staff were friendly and efficient they explained everything you could possibly want to know about the property. You will most likely need to use your room card in the elevator to access your floor. the rooms are a good sized and we really liked the fact that the bathroom has the toilet separated by a door. The shower has decent pressure and the water is soft so little soap is needed. Towels were clean and soft. There is a fridge in the room and a truly welcome surprise of free internet. this is not the norm in a Harrah's property. The bed was firm but with a soft pillow top. The AC actually worked and set the room to the temperature dialed in. We liked this place and had a pleasant stay we will be back.

1 Thank nohope587
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way down to Nashville. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The hotel room was nice and clean.
We ate at the Range Steakhouse and the food was very good. The only negative I can comment on is the breakfast buffet. Not very good. Suggest another restaurant.
We like to play the slots and enjoyed the casino.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank spiczdw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
#8 of 29 in Paducah
Drury Suites Paducah
Drury Suites Paducah
#4 of 29 in Paducah

Been to Harrah's Metropolis? Share your experiences!