“DID NOT MEET EXPEXTATIONS”

Harrah's Metropolis
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have one kid and there was nothing to do, There was no pool. No fit center and no restraunts enccept for the breckfest bar that includes kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cdretta

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have stayed here twice now because we had comp rooms available from staying at other harrahs. The rooms are quiet and spacious with a huge tub (even had a pulldown shelf to put a book, laptop, etc. on while soaking in the tub!) and the riverside rooms have a lovely view. The casino is small but there's no smoking, so I don't come back to the room reeking of cigarettes. (they do have smoking rooms for those of you who do smoke though, with smoking areas in the casino). They have a little cafe plus a couple other restaurants on site as well. The chili chees fries at ace's diner are huge; be forewarned! But yummy :-). I was much more pleased with this location than the New Orleans location. We will continue to stay here. Weird security check at the casino entrance though LOL....they take your ID, take a picture of you, announce your birthday (day and year) to the other security guard, then stamp your forearm to allow you to come and go during your visit night with a UV stamp. Very amusing to me, considering all I had to do in NOLA was show my ID LOL.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside if available; that way you don't hear the occasional car alarm that may go off...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sara N
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel is adequate. Hotel personel are very friendly. The casino is smoke free and small.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is my main casino I go to and I love there hotel as well. I have been a regular here now for about 3 years or so and have yet to have a bad experience. They have some very nice rooms and some great service as well.

As far as eating goes they have the Range Steakhouse which is always a good meal and it is on pricey side if your meal is not comped but well worth it even if you have to pay. They have the buffet which has always been good food, Also in the morning they have a waffle and omelet making station as well. They also have Ace's Dinner which is like a burger joint and the food there is always good and there open late as well.

They also have a breakfast restaurant which will be a great start to your morning. There Diamond lounge here is very comfy and usually has some sorta meat and vegetables with desserts as well, It has some of the best food for Diamond Lounges beside Vegas properties.

Now there is no pool here or anything for the little ones so keep that in mind when traveling with them. Downtown Metropolis has a few Superman things to do that the little ones would enjoy.

The rooms here are always very nice, Slandered rooms usually have a sitting area, TV, And all the standard amenities. The JR. suites here are quite a bit larger and feature separate shower and tub and dual sinks as well (I think). They also have Super Suites which I have uploaded some pictures of.

Casino is not the biggest but does have a good mix of games and they also have some tables as well. They do have a nice High Limit are and like I mentioned before the staff here is always top notch.

4  Thank snobird1211
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Boy, I was blown away! I've never stayed in a fancy hotel. I'm used to one nighters in motels along my route. WOW! I was in HEAVEN! Top notch service, style, amenities and the view of the river was beautiful! 6' bathtub and separate toilet areas! For the inexpensive price, I would always plan my trip through Metropolis if I could stay here! CJ at the front desk answered all my novice questions and everyone was so courteous, alert and attentive greeting us where ever we were! Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side as high in the building as possible for a great view!
1  Thank shovo59
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been going to this hotel and casino for a few years now, It's hotel is very clean and 9 out of 10 times I've gotten the room that I needed when traveling there.Their casino isn't as big as bigger city casinos but it brings in a good crowd. The workers there are very helpful from management to the beverage servers. My last visit I got to talk to the staff and they shared stories of big winners to their personal stories of how they liked working there, I even had management try to explain how to play table games which I really want to learn to play. I won a little on the trip which really made it a great time but watching a mother and daughter spend quality time screaming and laughing together made it a much greater time. Even though we go to casinos with the intentions of winning jackpots or even breaking even, there is nothing like people smiling , laughing and just having fun in general. So the next time you are in this area, stop on in to the Hotel and casino in Metropolis IL, where they have good eating and enjoy some excitment with friends and family. You never know you might just hit a jackpot ,some extra money or break even. Im sure if you just relax you can have a great time!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I chose Harrah's in Metropolis because the room was cheap and we were traveling from Chicago to Nashville looking for a fun place to stay. Since we don't gamble, we were bored. There wasn't even a sports bar in the hotel so we really didn't have anything at all to do.

I thought the food would be cheap, but we went to the steak house and it was very expensive. The other two places might be affordable. The food was very good though.

The king room was extremely nice, well appointed, free wi-fi. I probably won't stay there again because the town was dead and there just wasn't anything for a non-gamblers to do.

But if you gamble, I highly recommend it. The staff was great and the room was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Super 8 Metropolis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah
Drury Inn Paducah
Drury Inn Paducah
#5 of 28 in Paducah

Been to Harrah's Metropolis? Share your experiences!