“An "OK" stay at a budget motel...”
Review of Super 8 Metropolis

Super 8 Metropolis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
Navarre, Florida
“An "OK" stay at a budget motel...”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Can't say anything too fantastic or too negative about this property. For the price it was average, expected, but I was hoping I would be surprised by maybe a cleaner room. (the typical yucky hairs found on commode, bathtub and around the bathroom floor) Eew. The person at the front desk needs to be trained as far as security, especially for female guests. There was a man checking in ahead of me and she spoke his room number out loud! Oh my! When it came to my turn another man entered the lobby to wait in line behind me but I was able to GRAB my key fobs and folder just as my room number was escaping her lips and I quickly stopped her. She kind of looked at me as if to say "oh..I get it!" Hopefully she did. Not too safe to do that for us female solo travelers! Probably will not stay here again unless I am bringing my dogs along on vacation as this is a pet-friendly motel in a handy location off the highway. Although there ARE better ones nearby for the price. High noise level, thin walls, didn't sleep well at all especially after some late-night partiers checked in. Left EARLY w/o much sleep.

Room Tip: Check rates next door at 2 motel/hotels 1st. Could do better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta Ga.
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel was under renovation during our stay , but the staff did a great job seeing to the needs of the guests. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was sparse but filling. When finished would be a good value for the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel is really clean and comfortable.Excellent value for your dollar. Front counter staff were friendly and helpful. Good continental breakfast. Totally non-smoking. Way to go Super8.

Room Tip: Excellent value for your dollar.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian H
Georgia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped in overnight on our way to Georgia. The hotel was clean which always concerns me when my kids are involved. Our room was nice and the breakfast was good too! The lobby offered a computer and free wifi was available throughout. Also had a pool which we didn't try due to passing through. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffish
Kansas
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have stayed here several times and have always been pleased. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is good. It is good value.

• Stayed November 2011
Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stopped here overnight on our way to Florida for a July 4th vacation. Check-in was quick & painless. The room was quiet & clean. The rate was very reasonable. Woke up to a typical continental breakfast. The biscuits & gravy were great! The morning clerk was helpful in informing us about the Wyndham Rewards program. We did not know Super 8 belonged to the Wyndham chain, but with this stay and our stay at another Wyndham hotel in FL, we'll definitely keep them in mind next time. I'd recommend this hotel for an overnight stay & probably even longer.
We also enjoyed running into town to see the Superman statue before leaving.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth/Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The hotel itself was EXCELLENT. The room was spacious and so very clean. the entire hotel was clean too. the indoor pool and hot tub were Excellent-very clean and enjoyable. the breakfast wasn't that great. English muffins, white toast, coffee, juice and milk, 2 kinds of cereal and biscuits and white gravy. The hotel is located in close proximity to everything there is to do in this quaint sleepy little town. Fort Massac State Park was beautiful and fun. the Superman statue was cool and the Superman Museum was fun to see. the Hollywood Americana Museum right across the street from Harrah's Casino was a cool place to visit as well. there is a Dippin Dots store right across the street from City Hall where the statue is and it was wonderful. there are plenty of restaurants to choose from as far as eating out goes. we chose to eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken because they had an All You Can Eat Buffet and it was so delicious and a good price. Everything was really fine. My only negative was with the check in person (Alexis). she was coloring with colored pencils when we got there, I guess we interrupted her fun. she seemed like she didn't want to be working there at all, she'd rather be coloring. I had made reservations online for a lower price and had paid for the room based on these reservations 2 months prior so everything should have been set. However, upon check in, this hotel charged my credit card again for the same room for the same amount!!!! when I approached the font desk girl about this, she stated she didn't know anything about that, all she had to go on was whatever reservations had on the computer and that I should call my bank. I told her I wasn't going to call my bank because my bank was not the one who charged me twice for the room-they (super8) did. I demanded she get me reservations on the phone or someone who was willing to help me with this. she reluctantly called her manager. what she was told by the manager was that even though the room is already paid for, they put a hold on my money for the room during my stay and it would get released upon check out. then it was up to my bank to reverse the charge and it could take up to 2 weeks!!!! I thought this was so crappy because although I will be getting my money back eventually, my money was tied up on hold like this for the duration of my stay. what's the point of paying for a room online if I'm going to get charged twice for that same room for the same stay, even if it temporarily. I hate this hotel chain and will never ever book any hotel stays with them again in my life. Not surprisingly enough, I had somewhat of a similar problem with another Super8 hotel where I had just stayed in Chicago that same week. even though the room was great, the hassles with reservations made it not so enjoyable. I will stick to LaQuinta where everything always turns out 100 percent fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Metropolis
#9 of 29 in Paducah
Baymont Inn & Suites Paducah
Auburn Place Hotels and Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah

Been to Super 8 Metropolis? Share your experiences!