“Wonderful & Warm Innkeepers, Beautiful House”

Summers Riverview Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Metropolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We spent two nights at Summers B&B, and we could not have been more pleased. Hank & Colleen, the innkeepers, were very warm and friendly people. Our comfort was their priority. We stayed in the Grand Suite on the ground floor. It was a spacious, beautiful room. The bed was quite comfortable and the decor was consistent with the period of the house. We loved learning about the history of the house and Metropolis stories from Hank & Colleen. Breakfast was delicious, and the always available water and iced green tea were nice extra touches. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maggie T
William N, Owner at Summers Riverview Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

My wife, Lori, and I are the new owners, June 10, 2015. We would love for you to stay at the Mansion again and enjoy the holidays.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I highly recommend staying at Summers Riverview Mansion. I spent 3 nights there this spring and it was great. The house is beautiful and Hank and Colleen are wonderful innkeepers. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank astadt11

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We loved staying at this B&B. The hospitality and room were amazing! Pictures on the website don't even begin to show the elegance of the place. It was even more beautiful. My husband and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Donna M

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful little escape!! The house is a great historical building, every room has a Jacuzzi, fireplace, and claw foot tub, and breakfast is waiting for you when you get up. The casino and river are right across the street, and there is a restaurant a block over. The Inn keepers are helpful, friendly, and hospitable. My husband and I had never been to a bed and breakfast, but decided it would be a nice treat for our anniversary. It definitely was, and we will be back. It was very romantic, and we enjoyed our little haven. I would recommend this place to anyone!! Thank you to the owners for taking great pride and care in this wonderful house, and for allowing us the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kellie N Chris J

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend at this beautiful B&B. Delicious food, restful sleep, and fabulous historical building. Hope to enjoy this gem again soon! We really enjoyed the restaurants in the area and the Casino :)

Room Tip: I was so surprised that we could walk to the Casino and to great restaurants from here. Great weeke...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rhonda1962

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We happened to be visiting Paducah, Ky. for my wife Elizabeth's 50th year high school reunion, and for our last day before flying back to San Francisco, we decided to stay here because we had eloped to get married in Metropolis 42 years ago. The photos on the website do not completely do this Inn justice. What a magnificent place to stay! Gorgeous rooms, parlor, kitchen, history, and fabulous hosts Hank and Colleen. Hank cooked up a great breakfast, with scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt and great service. As we were watching television later, and having some fine wine and cheese, Hank brought up a plate of cookies and chocolates and strawberries for us - a complete surprise! If you are planning to visit Harrahs in Metropolis on the riverfront, do not stay at the Harrahs hotel if you can possibly get a room at Summers Riverview Mansion.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jimhilgendorf

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you want a great place to just relax and have a good time this is it! You will feel like royalty here! It is quite here and you are well taken care of. You really have to see it to believe it! Thank you for the best experience that I have ever had!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family