“Hidden gem!”
Review of Superman Statue

Superman Statue
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stopped off in Metropolis after seeing signs for the Largest Superman Statue on the highway. Side note: the signs are very helpful in leading you straight to the attraction, we didn't need to break out the phones or GPS or anything.

The superman statue was a towering figure and a great photo opp. There were also other photo cut-outs to put your head in as Superman and Supergirl. There's a fun little Superman/superhero store across from the statue. The store is connected to the Superman Museum, which there is an entrance fee for.

However long you stay, stopping at the statue is a great place to stretch your legs and snap some sweet pics.

There are newer reviews for Superman Statue

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Superman statue in Metropolis is always a place to stop by and have a little fun with. The kids love it. There is a Superman shop right on the square; however, it is like Smallville as there is not a lot of people around. When we go down to the square, we are usually the only ones there which in a sense is nice because we get to take as many pictures as we want without having others in the photos. There is small superman museum that costs a few dollars, but we never have had the time to attend the museum.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Was driving from St. Louis to Nashville when I started to see signs for metropolis. I literally thought metropolis was a made up place that didn't exist. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the contrary. What an excellent homage to one of the greatest super Heroes. Super cool experience (no pun intended).

Reviewed November 26, 2013

the Superman statue stands tall and proud on Superman Square. Visitors from all over the world stops by on a daily basis to marvel it presence and to shoot pictures of it. I have been by the statue many times, i still look at it every time I go by. It is great. Come see it!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband is the Superman fan in the family, but even I couldn't help but be excited by the gigantic statue of The Man of Steel. A must-see for any fan, & very easy to find. Just follow the signs to The American Way. :) Super cute.