“Never again (Super 8)”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mendota
Saint Paul
“Never again (Super 8)”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We opted to stay at a Super 8 to save $24 that a neighboring chain hotel was charging. Never again! What a terrible experience. The young lady running the desk was most friendly but that was the only favorable thing about this hotel stay. Our room had an intense smell of urine. After :30 minutes we knew we couldn't stay in it and were given a different room. Far from impressive but at least no urine smell. The place seemed run down and in a state of disrepair (or neglect). Turns out the room we were first given is sometimes given to guests with pets, which we didn't have. Not sure why we were assigned the "pee room" in that case. Next time I'll spend the extra money even though our stay was only for a short sleep during travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Mike A
Stacy O, General Manager at Super 8 Mendota, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I truly apologize for the experience you had at our Super 8.
The room you started out in is designated as a pet free room.
Unfortunately someone must have brought a pet in that room.
Thank you for letting me know, I have cleaned the carpet in that room
I look forward to you giving us another chance to serve you the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Welcomeing smile at check in and she made my day after a hard day at work very friendly and helpful..And beautiful I had to come back for a second night. The motel was average and as long as she Marta (guest services) is still there we will be staying here a whole lot. Working in the area. Brandon J

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Brandon1111
Stacy O, General Manager at Super 8 Mendota, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return visit.
Des Plaines
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My rating has improved since my first stay. I stay about twice a month and the person that is usually at the desk when I arrive remembers my name. They make sure I have a preferred room, and everyone is helpful and pleasant. I have also been able to use their wireless internet. Would recommend for a quick overnight stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Luann L
Stacy O, Manager at Super 8 Mendota, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for returning to our Hotel. I enjoyed our little chat and look forward to seeing you agin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendota
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 10 in Peru
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park

Been to Super 8 Mendota? Share your experiences!