“hidden gem”

Add it.
Angie's Whistle Stop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place works hard at putting out some nice entrees! Lamb chops are very tasty!
good wait staff.Cute bar and outside area too!

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed July 20, 2012

i live locally and have nothing but great things to say about The Whistle Stop. All of the menu items that i have had (which is most) have been delicious! There are a few good places to eat in Mendota, but this is by far my favorite... but it seems that maybe they could advertise more. i'm not sure if it is good or bad that there is never a wait to be seated or to get served, because of course the prompt service is great, but it's rarely bustling. (Tuesday evening is the exception... 2 meals for $20)
always recomended!

1  Thank ko n
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice menu. Quick service. Food much better than average.
Only problem was noise from function on 2nd floor.
I would return to this place.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Had dinner here last night with my large family who live nearby. Very impressive for a small town. Nine people were served HOT food on Hote plates, all at the same time. I found the prices to be most reasonable and the venue sophisticated. I had the fettuccini Alfredo which was cooked al dente the way I prefer. My whole party was pleased with their own selections.
Highly recommend!

2  Thank Ton S
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was on a business trip in town and the restaurant options were VERY limited, so I took a chance on The Whistle Stop. I was very pleased to find a quaint little place that used to be a train station turned into a restaurant. I wasn't expecting too much in terms of how good the food would be since it was a very small town and the place didn't look like much. However, the lunch meals I had over a few days were all very good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back anytime I'm back in town.

1  Thank MBruck