“Great place on the Mother Road”
Review of Dixie Cafe

Dixie Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in McLean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 31, 2013

When we stopped here they were in the middle of renovations so i find it great that they managed to keep the place open for tourists. The food we had was awesome and the meals massive as we came to expect nothing less when travelling across America! The service was great and the atmosphere was good. A must see for anyone on 66 and a great cheap meal for families on the road! My trip was actually in 2012 but i can only put 2013 on here sorry. As for ratings for Romance and Special occasions it was our honeymoon so 5 stars for each!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place, great food and service!!! I visit as often as I can. The buffet has a wide variety of dishes.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I took my family here on the beginning leg of our vacation. It was not a good start to our trip. I have visited here in the past and always like the food. Not so this time. We arrived for breakfast 7/27/13 at about 8:00 in the morning. We had to wait 15 to 20 minutes before anyone acknowledged our presence. I went with a diet soda and the breakfast buffet while everyone else ordered off the menu. They use well water for their drinks and it is terrible. The buffet was edible...that is to say that you could survive off the stuff, but nothing really noteworthy. The same was for the food off the menu. Our waitress was very pleasant, and was trying to give good service, but she seemed to be the only one there. I did leave her a decent tip, since none of my complaints were anything she could control. The continental breakfast we had at our motel at our destination was better than Dixie, if that tells you anything. My advice, go to McDonalds across the street, or eat at Cracker Barrel in Bloomington.

1  Thank C_and_H_in_Staunton
Reviewed July 31, 2013

large menu, they had a small buffet with limited selections, think it was about $11. I had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, my usual truckstop favorite. It was average, potatoes were a little below par, as was the gravy. A bit slow to take my order. It was ok but probably wouldn't stop again.

1  Thank sallyann73
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Dixie cafe was convenient to our hotel across the street. The food is decent, for a decent price. I ordered a French dip sandwich, cup of veggie beef soup, and side salad. The sandwich was very tender and lean thin sliced roast beef. Very good potentially, but very bland. The au jus served with was way too watered down.

The vegetable beef soup was very good. Thick and flavorful with large chunks of veggies. Side salad was standard but fresh and tasty iceberg/cuke/tomato. It was a lot of food, and next time will likely just stick with the soup and salad. They were both very good.

Another had baked mostaccioli that was surprisingly good. Another had a tenderloin sandwich, also very good.

Our party of eight qualified for the automatic gratuity up charge. That is annoying. Our server was friendly but harried. We will certainly come back when we are in the area. Good value, large menu variety, and good quality food