“much better” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dixie Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McLean, Illinois, United States
“much better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

this place was the best 20 years ago and was horrible the last 10 but now is so much better it needs to be tried,

Portage, Indiana
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was heading south and stopped back at the Dixie Cafe for a meal. This time I ordered off the menu and everything was tasty! My server was amazing, taking care of everything before I could even ask. I love this restaurant; it's so open and welcoming. Stop in when you get a chance.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank sandysisland
Kansas City, Missouri
“Hidden Gem in Central Illinois”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

My family and I stopped here after a long day of driving and were pleasantly surprised. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Prices were right too. The owner was even there and stopped to talk to us for a while...how often does that happen nowadays? The restaurant was also very clean, which is important to us. I highly reccomend stopping there if driving down I-55.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Zigmant33
Portage, Indiana
“I can't believe I haven't stopped here before!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

This place has new owners and management and everything is SO MUCH better! My server was so sweet and courteous. The buffet was really good. If you have thought this is not the place to stop then you are wrong! Get up out of your chair and go try them again! Every time I am in Mclean this is where you will find me, day or night!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank sandysisland
Bloomington, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

i have ate at Dixies for years. it keep getting progressively worse. last time was it for me. i was sitting at the counter, looked down and a ROACH the size of my thumb was on my toast...like he was in his own home. i remember all the great meals i had there, and to see it now, makes me sick. i love broasted chicken , my favorite, but thier chicken is entirely different. i tried the one in Tuscola before it closed, it was just as bad. how they got past the health Dept is beyond me. i hate to say it, but it needs closed down and tore down.

1 Thank magna1999