“Location, location, location”

Vickie's Place
Ranked #36 of 111 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2012

That's really the only good thing going for this place if you're a boater. The deck is nice, though. Food is a hit & miss...never consistent (..yes, I've given it many tries). The pizza we had tasted like a Chef Boyardee kit you make at home. To me, the beer prices are a little exaggerated, but it is a riverfront property. Lately, if I'm on the boat, I only stop here if my bladder is ready to pop.

1  Thank Nardz

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had the spinach artichoke appetizer which is the best I have had. I had the chicken ceasars salad which was very good. My husband had the reuben. He said it was a little to heavy on the dressing but overall was good. Service was good and we enjoy coming here for the outside deck.

1  Thank kdm11559
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We like going to this place by boat. They have okay food but a better deck to sit on and enjoy the summer.

1  Thank cprzybyl
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We love going to Vickie's on a warm summer day. Great sandwiches and electric palm trees. Bright umbrella's along the river with good service. Last time I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was very good

1  Thank kdm11559
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Very good portions, outstanding reuben and their sour dough italian beef is two outstanding meals. I have never been able to finish the whole sandwich. Right on the river so people can dock their boats right next to the restaurant.

1  Thank jjscott