“What was in this soup?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
McHenry, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What was in this soup?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I'm never expecting a spectacular 5-star meal when I order Chinese take-out food. That's what's so great about it. China Town in McHenry left me confused.
We couldn't decide between Won Ton or Egg Drop soup so we decided to get the best of both worlds in Won Ton Egg Drop Soup. It was disgusting. I don't know if they just threw a bunch of egg whites in to make the broth but it was thick, goopy, and tasteless.
I ordered Beef Lo Mein because I was in the mood for noodles but there weren't a ton of noodle options. This was OK but plain. Nothing exciting and not something I would order again.
My boyfriend got Sesame Beef which was really delicious if all you're looking for is flavorful Chinese take-out food. The portion was HUGE too.
We also had to try the Pork Egg Rolls and they were amazing too.
It's so hard to decide how to rate it but the disturbing soup is what left an impression on me.

Visited January 2013

IL
“Tasty and inexpensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We have been frequenting this place since it opened. The food is good, the portions are enormous and the prices are very reasonable. It's not fancy-it's located in a kind of forgotten strip mall and the decor is nothing special-but the food is tasty and plentiful. My favorite is the hot and sour soup!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hebron, Illinois
“I order from here regularly. Always a great take out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great food. Friendly people. Everything is always ready on time.

Visited March 2012
McHenry, Illinois
“2ND Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Not bad in a pinch if you don't feel like getting from Plum Garden

Visited January 2012
Chicago, IL
“Good, quick Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

They have my favorite General Tso's chicken. Of all the Chinese restaurants I have been too, their extra spciy General Tso's chicken is the best. It's kind of like a fast food Chinese restaurant that has been there for years but outstanding food.

Visited February 2012