“Fine Dining”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

There are not many fine dining places left in the area. This has white table cloths and is in an old house. Excellent food, very rich, save for special occasions. The dessert cart is to die for, you can choose 3 slivers of dessert on one plate, yum! Very good food, traditional dishes mainly are served. Save this one for a special occasion!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I confess that we have been steady customers for a very long time. This establishment may have the best French food you will ever get! For us it is a nearly one hour trek to get to Le Vichyssois which is the only reason we don't eat there every week. The Salmon En Croute and the Shitake Mushroom soup are divine! This is a non pretentious place with top notch wait staff and direct involvement of the owners, Bernard and Priscilla Cretier. Bernard studied under the grand master chefs in Lyon, France>> Bucose and Verget. Not many chefs in the US can say this. For you as the diner, it doesn't get any better than this! I only wish they were closer to us.

1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We dined at Le Vichyssois with friends who have spent a considerable amount of time in France and we were all very impressed with the experience. The restaurant is lovely - walls are hung with artwork and that gives it the aura of dining in an art gallery. The service is wonderful - courses are perfectly timed and impeccably presented on a white cloth clad service cart. The pumpkin soup, for example, was served in mammoth hollowed out pumpkin! We split the the trio of pâtés and the escargot - and enjoyed them very much. My entree of roast duck was delicious - crispy outside and moist and tender inside. Other entrees at the table included Lobster ala Nage, Veal Osso Bucco and Dover Sole and everyone enjoyed them very much. The best, however, was dessert which is a choice of three items from the tantalizing selections on the dessert cart. We ordered two desserts and there was more than enough to share among the four of us. We will definitely return!

1  Thank W H
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Being a more of a Meat-and-Veggies kind of guy, a "French" restaurant usually is not on my 'radar'.....however, this place is Excellent!!
I cook a lot. Have served hundreds with various fare and I pride myself with being a bit better than you can get elsewhere, so this was a personal challenge.
When you first enter the converted-home building, you are greeted with and entry plastered with framed awards and positive newspaper articles. It takes you 2 hour+ to find out why they are there, but it is well worth it.
We were there on a Sunday, and as advised by a friend, we opted for the "Bistro" menu. This was a Sunday & Thursday(I believe) special discounted meal.
Expecting wierd, and inedible French food, I was out of my normal element, but open minded.
The hostess was Priscilla, and she was very nice, and handled all of my many questions nicely, without making me feel foreign.
We were seated in one of the dining rooms comfortably and swiftly.
Upon reading the menu, I became a bit intimidated, with "mushroom cigars & onion flan", but was quickly calmed by Priscilla & our waiter and their perfect explanations.
We were able to get an appetizer, and salad selection an entree and dessert with the Bistro menu.
I made my selections with a bit of caution, sticking to thing I felt were familiar enough, while my wife did the same.
Priscilla asked if we would like a glass of wine. She suggested a "Morgone(sp?), which she said was from a vineyard right in the champagne region in France.....oh my God....it was wonderful!! I am not a wine-guy...this may change things.
My appetizer was the Mushroom cigar, I suppose I will try anything, and if was half as good as the wine, we were in business. Score!! It was amazing!! Perfectly presented ( I almost took a picture) Full of flavor. I heard Angelic music from somewhere...
Following was a warm cabbage salad.....superb. I actually make this at home, and now I need to up my game.
My entree was braised beef medallions in a Bearnaise sauce and came with asparagus. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Wow. The beef was wonderfully seasoned, mild but apparent. The asparagus was done perfectly, sweet and delicious. The sauce for the medallions was a perfect match. Was used a bit of the fresh baked rolls to mop up every single bit of flavor on that plate. My Mom would be proud.
At this point I was quite full, even though it did not look like a lot of food, it was very rich and quite filling. I was reminded that dessert was included.
I am not big on desserts, that changed when the dessert cart was wheeled up.
Everything fresh and home-made.....Fruit tarts, custards, beautiful chocolate cake, and Strawberry Napoleon that caught my eye and nose.......the Napoleon was amazing, just like the rest of the meal.
It was 2 hours and 10 minutes after we arrived....seemed more like 80 minutes.
On our way out, Priscilla the hostess asked how we enjoyed the meal. I could not hold back, and became ultra chatty. After I told her I cook a lot and was immensely impressed, she asked if I wanted to see the Kitchen. Huh? See the Kitchen?? "Who's Kitchen" I asked. "Our Kitchen" she replied with a bit of a chuckle, and she led us to a room that looked like a cookware sales area..or a musuem... or somebody's foyer. I asked her, "Is this it?" She chuckled again and said this is where all the food gets prepared and cooked. It smelled wonderful, but the place was spotless!! Everything was perfectly in place, there was not a speck of food anywhere, there were no dishes or utensils or towels, it was scary-clean.
The Chef, Bernard, greeted us with a bow, asked how we enjoyed dinner, then returned to his duties.
I have since returned 2 additional times, bringing various family and friends, every time having an equally wonderful dinner.
I probably would not dine here more than a couple of times a year, just to keep it special.
Our total bill with wine and tip was around $80....best $80 I ever spent!
Go to this place...just go!!

4  Thank dean s
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Being a young couple, my boyfriend and I definitely felt like the youngest couple in the restaurant. This romantic restaurant is simply charming, the service was great; our waiter had such wit. I love the name and the food! This place is a must visit for sure!!!